MythBusters

Started by Domino, Sat 03/01/2009 23:44:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Nacho on Sun 04/01/2009 16:24:06When has the show become politically oriented? And oriented to which side? (Just asking) "Here" the show is not politically oriented yet, but probably someone is watching a season I haven' t seen yet.
I think he was referring to Penn & Teller ... Mythbusters is the farthest thing from policital.

Nacho

Ah, ok... Now I got it.

Fast reading=Crappy understanding.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Evil

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Sun 04/01/2009 06:16:01I just love that two uber-geeks were given a show where they don't have to pretend to be ANYthing ... they can just be the glorious geeks they are!!

That's what I love about this show. It's not the Myths, not the explosions, not even Kari (nom nom nom!). The best part of the show is watching the cogs turn in their head while they are creating and solving problems. When Jamie and Adam have competitions, I'm always fascinated by their final products and what directions they take. It's a very inspiring show.

Quote from: InCreator on Sun 04/01/2009 14:55:32Unfortunately, there's very little of episodes on Youtube and TV is something that.... wastes valuable computer time so I haven't watched really for years. Not even with a TV card.

I watched a lecture Adam Savage did for some geeky-con thing on YouTube that was outstanding. It was all about his additions to science. He even played clips of his drunk fall, and getting slapped in the face by Jamie. It was all a great insight into how he thinks and works.

Stupot

LUniqueDan

Quote from: Nacho on Sun 04/01/2009 19:14:44
Ah, ok... Now I got it.

Fast reading=Crappy understanding.

nah

Dan's bad syntax (tm) + Fast writing = Crappy understanding.:=

[Hijacking]
BTW Nacho if you don't know P&T B.S yet, my little finger tells me you'll enjoy them.
[/Hijacking]
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Miez

Quote from: HillBilly on Sun 04/01/2009 00:26:36
Coming up on Discovery Channel:

MYTHBUSTERS
MYTHBUSTERS
MYTHBUSTERS
AMERICAN HOT ROD
MYTHBUSTERS
MYTHBUSTERS
MYTHBUSTERS
MIAMI INK

Then an all new episode of MYTHBUSTERS!

Stay tuned for our MYTHBUSTERS marathon after we've officially replaced "Discovery" with "MYTHBUSTERS".

And that's a BAD thing? ;D

Nacho

I did a small reseach, and yeah, Dan, I think I might like them. If they are libertarians, the better...

But my computer does not reproduce sounds right now, so, I can' t watch (hear, to be precise) their shows...  :)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

InCreator

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 05/01/2009 01:13:24
Quote from: InCreator on Sun 04/01/2009 14:55:32Unfortunately, there's very little of episodes on Youtube...

Voila!
http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/60284.html

Thanks!!! I've always frustrated when looking online for TV-shows I messed - it usually ends with american-only (god why?) hulu.com, copyright-infringement-removed megavideo link or that slow ass asian youtube youku.com.

Lots of catching up to do now!

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll take it back  >:(

lo_res_man

Hi gang it's been a while. I guess, I got frustrated at my inability to complete a game, so I kind of drifted away.  However, I am back and intend to finish, something, one of these days.I love Mythbusters, it's combines sexy nerd, with explosions. What's not to love? While I don't watch TV, I also am a user of  surfrthechannel, and so watch Mythbusters sometimes. Another Discovery show I loved when I did have TV was Junkyard Wars, and it's BBC predecessor, Scrapheap Challenge. Unfortunately, it has relatively little online.
Anyone seen the Discovery Channel Boom-da-yada, advertisement? It's absolutely beautiful.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

zabnat

It is an interesting show, I've seen all the episodes to date. However I need couple of beers before I watch the show. Because there are couple of things that irritate me: american format (the show would be about 30 minutes without all the recapping), lack of science and Grant. But with couple of beers you're mellow enough to withstand all this. ;D

BTW. Brainiac was good when Hammond was the presenter. After that I quickly lost interest.

Cpt Ezz

go the mythbusters but TOPGEAR is prity cool too!!!!!!!!!!! :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk