Photoshop Phwendnesday (Ends 14/01/09)

Started by Eggie, Wed 07/01/2009 23:11:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

Sorry about the delay, it didn't occur to me I might have won.

What is a Photoshop Phursday?

Photoshopping isn't drawing a completely new image -- It's editing images to create a new image, such as editing one image or combining several images. The contest usually lasts for a fortnight. Also, you don't have to specifically use Photoshop -- Paint Shop Pro, MSPaint, or any other programs can be used. Please make sure your image doesn't exceed the width of the screen.

Since awards season is coming up, this thread can act as a companion piece to 'for your consideration':

Your mission is to run a smear campaign against a rival AGS game from this year or it's creator, be as brutal as possible. Even if you didn't make a game this year, just act out of the instinctive hatred that boils within us all.

Winner is whoever manages to lose their chosen game the most votes, bonus points for turning the public so against a forum member that they are forced to go into hiding.
Or... I could choose one in seven days based on what makes me laugh the most. We'll see how it works out.

For Inspiration

Trent R

Did you know that Shade's game is completely illegal? He got a C&D order from Hasbro!

Haha, for some reason AGS Yahtzee gave me the most inspiration, so I really have nothing about such a great game. I know it's pretty crappy (the skewed text) but in the end I felt it added a little to the fake trash element of the comp.

Great theme Eggie!

~Trent
PS-Source 3 Source 1Source 3
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

Shade

Quote from: Trent R on Sat 10/01/2009 05:27:39
Did you know that Shade's game is completely illegal? He got a C&D order from Hasbro!

and it's true! ;) nice one! that made me laugh. ;D

Eggie

No more smear campaigns?
No more backstabbing?

I'm proud of you all. You have until midnight to sicken me.

Galen

Manic-Matt: Terrorist paedophile at large

Aljoho

Perhaps not the first time someone has taken the piss out of him, but I thought it was my turn to take a crack at Yahtzee.

In between making games and giving bad reviews to great (in some cases) games - Not only does he revel in looking up scary fat women in bikinis on the internet and wear make-up, but he has become unfaithful to us all by drinking from a YELLOW cup!!! Does the jury vote execution, I think so...

p.s Wow! those beer bottles are badly edited in -

edit: does anybody know how to edit the HTML and give a full sized image as opposed to a thumbnail. i could probably google it but I have procrastinated on doing something productive long enough... 8)

edit + 1: thanks Indie
A Tribute to my success -  A wonky ASCII Trophy
                              .__.
                              (|  |)
                               (  )
                              _)(_

IndieBoy

Woah I need to know the url to that site :o Also here you go Aljoho update your post with this
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/7152/yahtzeens3.png
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Vince Twelve

Don't vote for Nanobots!  (Except for best programming, which it totally deserves!)

Nikolas

Babar

I had a nice informative poster planned, but I realised I didn't have time, or enough screenshots of the evil (seeing as I haven't played through the last game, and nobody could provide me with screenshots), so I am sorry, but I doubt I'll be able to enter. However, during the course of my research for my entry, I learnt a number of very alarming things....

BEN JORDAN IS THE WHORE OF BABYLON!
(Or more accurately, the SON of the Whore of Bablyon, which means we now know that the whore's name will be JORDAN!).

Check this out:

• In Search of the Skunk-Ape: "She Ponks Cafeteria Hunk" (a definite slut)
  • The Lost Galleon of the Salton Sea: "To Flagellate Heathens on Stools" (Sure, you THINK she's for the believers, but she uses evil to fight evil!)
  • The Sorceress of Smailholm: "Researches Mom's Foothills" (Whore of Babylon, 7 hills, ring a bell?!)
  • Horror at Number 50: "Abhorrent Rumor 50"  and "50 Torah Error. Numb!" (Tsk tsk...antisemitism, anyone?)
  • Land of the Rising Dead: "Hitler did fandangoes" (Only a purely evil creature would revel in Hitler's dance steps)
  • Scourge of the Sea People: "Escapee Greets Foul Pooh" (okay, I may be stretching it here, but bear with me!)
  • The Cardinal Sins: "Radicals Then Sin" (What happens at the end, after the whole world is under the sway of EVIL, thinking it was GOOD)

The creator of the series was parading this under our very noses. UNDER OUR VERY NOSES! Remember how he held the contest to figure out the name of the last game? IT WAS AN ANAGRAM AS WELL! All this paranormal nonsense, witches, sorcerers, etc, it is a GATEWAY TO SATANISM! BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!

Check his NAME OUT, EVEN: GRUNDISLAV! Slave of the Wedgie! And he is parading it under our very noses!

When the time comes, nothing can stop the end, but I beg you, I beg you, save your souls....

DON'T PLAY THE LAST BEN JORDAN!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Eggie

Well that was epic.
But for photo-shopping entries I think I must maintain that Trent's original was, in fact, the best: for believability, insightfulness and masterful use of blurry jpeg artifacts to HEIGHTEN THE TENSION!!

Congratulations, Trent R. You win a picture of Joseph Goebbels dutifully pie-ing himself in the face after realising that he has been bested:

Trent R

Ahahaha, what a wonderful birthday present Eggie! Thanks for the win.

Unfortunately I'm running blank on a new theme idea. If anyone has one, please PM it to me. I'm thinking Obama Inauguration....

~Trent
PS-I love yours the best Vince!
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

The Ivy

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

rock_chick

Will this wonderful competition continue or fade? ???

Stumblebum

Beware the ferocious Bumble Maverick!

Monkey Mind

rock_chick

What the hell was the last post all about, the competition is closed as I understand?

Stumblebum

I assumed it was continuous since new posts have been made long after the title date and the topic has not been locked.

edit: Apologies, I was overzealous, and Bumble Maverick is just so cute.  He makes me do foolish things.
Monkey Mind

Gilbert

Well, it surely had ended, that according to Eggie, Trent R won.
These kind of things usually slipped through me as the announcements were not always obvious. Also, instead of locking the thread immediately I have a habit to keep a thread open, until the winner replies or starts a new round.

In the case of this activity, Trent surely had replied, but as he mentioned he didn't have an idea for the next round and awaits PM I'll just leave this open at the moment.
As Trent hasn't been active since 18/1 I'll leave it for Eggie to decide whether we shall wait for a bit more or allow another contestant to start the next round.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk