play interactive fiction over irc?

Started by Dataflashsabot, Fri 09/01/2009 11:19:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataflashsabot

id like to be able to play interactive fiction- or text adventures, as you may know them- on my mobile, but there doesent seem to be a j2me z-code reader. however, a while ago im sure i saw something that let you play them over irc, but i just cant find it agaim. anyone know about this? or any other way i could play if on my phone?

Lionmonkey

Dataflashsabot

That seems to only work on linux, and it looks very difficult to use... and it seems you need to set up your own server or something. anyone know of anything else? thanks anyway!

GarageGothic

Quote from: Dataflashsabot on Fri 09/01/2009 11:19:00but there doesent seem to be a j2me z-code reader

Well, there at least exists Z2ME and ZeeME. But whether they work with your phone or not, that I don't know.

lo_res_man

Ooh, text adventures over a phone? Unless you got a full keyboard on it, ouch, your thumb is going to mutiny and murder you in your sleep. More seriously, good luck. I am no programming type, but I wish you the best. I have found some text adventures to be rather fun. Leather Goddesses of Phobos forever! I also enjoyed Heist and A Mind Forever Voyaging, though the plot got too political for my taste after a while. I also enjoyed Zork, but I never got past the damn dam. What text adventures do you like?
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Dataflashsabot

Hmm, thing is, i can't transfer jar files to my phone, so id have to dl a z-code reader straight to my mobile, and all of those seem to require modification on a pc. anyway, zeeme wont install and i cant seem to access z2mes site due to my phones content lock. ill try again. i like quite alot of if, especially spy ones- anyone know any good ones? thanks for the help people! edit: zeeme installed!! ill see what i can do to get games on it other than the included minizork. thanks again!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk