On the Great Snow Day of 2009, it gives me great pleasure to announce the release of AGS 3.1.2.
Changes in SP1:
* The Editor will now not allow you to open the same game in two different copies of the editor
* Fixed translations and \[ tag not working on GUIs (regression from 3.1.1)
* Fixed crash with custom dialog options if you saved the game before running any dialogs
* Fixed editor crash with tiled sprite import if you dragged out an invisible selection area
* Fixed editor crash if the Game.agf.user file was read-only
* Fixed auto-number speech lines to not number "..." lines
* Fixed TintScreen not working properly in some situations with DX5 driver
Changes since 3.1.1 are as follows:
* Added support for using Transparency properties with alpha-channel sprites
* Added inventory item CursorImage property to allow you to set a different image for the mouse cursor to the inventory window
* Added F4 hotkey to jump straight to the Events grid to edit interactions
* Editor now remembers which item in the property grid was selected as you switch between tabs
* Added Character.SpeechAnimationDelay property which replaces the old game.talkanim_speed setting and also works with Sierra-style speech. A new General Settings option is provided to enable/disable backwards compatibility.
* Added Game.TextReadingSpeed and Game.MinimumTextDisplayTime properties; obsoleted game.text_speed
* Added plugin API event AGS_EngineInitGfx and methods GetDirectInputKeyboard, GetDirectInputMouse and ReplaceFontRenderer.
* Added Error Reporting feature to editor, to send error information to AGS website if the editor crashes
* Added eKey* enum for use with on_key_press and IsKeyPressed, to make script more readable
* Added Show Start Page option to Help menu to allow you to access Tips if you have the start page disabled at startup
* When changing the game resolution, the editor will now offer to automatically resize all your GUIs to compensate.
* Improved performance of Theora video playing
* Templates are now stored in a "Templates" sub-folder to satisfy Vista permissions
* "Letterbox Mode" option in General Settings is now only shown if the game resolution is 320x200 or 640x400
* Moved the character SpeechColor property from the Movement to the Appearance section in the editor, where it belongs!
* Moved the "You are currently using the eraser" tooltip further away from the cursor so it doesn't obscure what you're doing
* Improved rendering of View Editor at 120 DPI
* DynamicSprite.Resize now won't allow new image to be over 25 MB to help spot mistakes in size calculations
* Mouse.ChangeModeGraphic now won't allow you to change the graphic of the Inventory cursor if "Use selected inventory graphic for cursor" is enabled
* Translations are now automatically recompiled if you change the game name, to ensure that they still work
* Made some stability improvements to how the editor handles the sprite file
* Improved the editor error message if the game folder had unicode characters in it
* Fixed option-off-forever being treated as option-off.
* Fixed compile error if you created a Bool in the Global Variables editor with default value set to upper case "TRUE" or "FALSE"
* Fixed editor crash in Vista creating a new game
* Fixed intermittent editor crash that could occur when shutting down the game
* Fixed ChangeRoomAutoPosition not working properly in hi-res games with hi-res co-ordinates
* Fixed dynamic sprites sometimes being discarded by the sprite cache
* Fixed Vista Game Explorer integration appearing as "Play" in the start menu recent list
* Fixed save games not persisting the walking state of the highest-numbered character
* Fixed editor's room area undo buffer not being cleared when a different room was loaded
* Fixed custom dialog options not working properly when using transparent background
* Fixed Dialog.GetOptionText returning original English text when a translation was in use
* Fixed button ClipImage property clipping 1 pixel too many in high-res games
* Fixed PlayVideo not working properly when DX5 graphics filter was in use
* Fixed PlayAmbientSound screwing up audio if it was used on a channel where a normal PlaySound command was still playing
* Fixed DX5 driver problem switching a GUI background graphic from one with to one without an alpha channel
* Fixed DisplayAtY, GUI.SetSize and Mouse.SetPosition not checking Y co-ordinate correctly in 320x240 and 640x480 games when using native co-ordinates
* Fixed colour corruption if you imported an 8-bit sprite into a hi-color game and palette slot 0 of the sprite was not black
* Fixed dialog script compiler bug if you used "this" in a string within a normal scripting command
* Fixed script editor crash if you deleted a block of code, then hovered the mouse over a script variable.
* Fixed GUI button being set to wrong size if you changed its image in the editor to a low-res sprite in a hi-res game
* Fixed game.screenshot_height not allowing 240/480 in games of those resolutions
* Fixed potential crash on fadeout with DX5 Nearest Neighbour filters
* Fixed object positions getting messed up when importing a hi-res game from AGS 2.72
* Fixed editor not allowing you to rename a script to a different capitalization of the same name
* Fixed editor crash if you tried to rename a script file to contain \ or :
Get it from the Download page