SNOW CATS!

Started by Creed Malay, Thu 12/02/2009 18:10:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Creed Malay

Today we got lots of snow where I live - tonnes of the stuff. I went out to the park to frolic in it, in a foolish and child-like manner, and spent a few hours just wandering round in the white, looking at swans and seeing dogs chase rabbits and having all the whiteness make my eyes go kind of funny, like I could almost see the veins in them.

At the stone circle sculpture thing on top of a hill, I made a snow cat. I didn't have my camera with me, so couldn't take a photographic record of this, but here is a snow cat I made another time, for reference.

I was wandering round the stones, looking at the scenery, and a couple and their young daughter wandered up. The guy pointed out the snow cat to the girl, and the mother took a photo of the kid next to it. So my snow cat may end up in some strangers childhood photographs, which is kind of cute.

I wandered around the park some more, making snow cats wherever seemed appropriate, before ending up back at the stone circle again, where I met an old dude. After exchanging banalities about how pretty the snow was, he points at the snow cat on top of one of the stones, observing the scenery, and says "Look, someone made a cat, clever, isn't it?" and grins. So my snow cats have so far brought at least four people pleasure.

Feeling well up on the good karma stakes, I make my way out of the park, and pass a park bench where I made another cat earlier.

Someone else had made another snow cat beside it.

This was when I had me a REVELATION, friends.

Snow cats apparently make people happy, and apparently sometimes make them want to make more snow cats. And if some thing you've done makes someone happy even for just a few seconds, your day has not been wasted.

The world need more snow cats, but I can't do it alone. If there's snow where you are, I want you to get out there and make a snow cat on top of a bin at a bus stop, or on a fence post, or on top of your neighbours car.

With enough snow cats, we can make the world happy.

The snow cat revolution can begin here, brother and sisters.

Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Darth Mandarb

Oh man ... I love snow-cats!!

Thank you for providing photographic evidence of the happiness they provoke!  I mean, just look at the joy on my, Blazej's, and Adam's faces in that last photo! (and Nacho, though you can't see his face, was I'm sure beaming from ear to ear whilst basking in the radiance of the snow cat!)

How can you not love them?

Sadly the odds of me building a snow cat are pretty much non-existent in my neck of the woods!

Akatosh

Hah, well done. It's been snowing around here for hours on end... it's too dark to go outside now, but I might sneak out tomorrow and see what I can do around the local Elementary School and playground...  ;)

Also, yes, I think you're doing very well on the karma scale.

Pet Terry

Haha Davy. You rock, man!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Ghost

Yay, stop spreading the word, spread SNOWCATS! Really cute idea, and great to see it having such an effect!

MoodyBlues

Aw, what a sweet idea!  Way to go for spreading happiness! :)
Atapi - A Fantasy Adventure
Now available!: http://www.afwcon.org/

Trihan

I may attempt some surreptitious snow cat construction on the morrow. And pay attention to Stickman & Rat...

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Now we need some snow dogs.

Stupot

Yay.
I'm gonna make a snowcat tomorrow too, that's it hasn't entirely turned into sludge by then.
Hopefull I'll remember to take my camera, too. :)

Ultra Magnus

Judging by that second picture, they're a good way to distract people while you throw snowballs at the back of their head.

Other than that, it's a really cute idea.
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

Pumaman

Damn, I read this just as all the snow has finally melted :(

IndieBoy

With the snow slowy turning to sludge, I was lucky to catch a glimpse of a snow mouse.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Domino

It is Sad that they will melt soon.  I wonder what PETA would say about melting snow animals.  ???

LUniqueDan

Too bad, it rained a lot yesterday and all the snow turned into grey ice at -30 today. :'(

So no snow kittens for me this year.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk