Jupiter ignites into 2nd SUN!! (actual footage)

Started by Nightfable, Sun 15/02/2009 14:31:47

Previous topic - Next topic

SSH

Quote from: ProgZmax on Mon 16/02/2009 14:07:05
Some people will just buy anything without a shred of personal or practical evidence.

Which is the cause of so much of the current economic downturn...

MoodyBlues

Why do I imagine an alien casually dropping a lit match into Jupiter's atmosphere and watching it blow up into a yellow sun?

PROPHECY.
Atapi - A Fantasy Adventure
Now available!: http://www.afwcon.org/

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

That would be an awesome beginning to a comedic sci-fi game!

InCreator

Quote from: ProgZmax on Mon 16/02/2009 14:07:05
  Some people will just buy anything without a shred of personal or practical evidence.

:(

AsimosVagan

Quote from: Nightfable on Sun 15/02/2009 17:53:30
Ah well, it sure made me hyped up yesterday -- a bit like winning the lottery. I still have the feeling Nasa is hiding and incredible amount of information from us. One day, we'll get our due.

Yeah, like Barbies on the Moon and a planet called "Incobulus" that will hit Earth in 2012 and ending all civilization.  Oh, and Duke Nukem Forever. ;D

Some people are particularly smart in creating anything that can be possible but when it comes to showing some evidence they are not so smart and will say anything to get away with it.

Pesty

Guys, lets be reasonable here.

We can't actually see Jupiter, or any other planets. Those are just spotlights the government used to distract us from the giant ice wall that keeps us from seeing the underside of our flat earth.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Gilbert

Worst of all, their main plan is to conceal the truth that the ground we are standing on is actually an enormous tortoise shell. We shall all know by now, that there is never a planet called Jupiter, instead Jupiter is the name of one of the technicians who maintain those spotlights. In other words, Jupiter IS a god.

Nacho

Asimos, the name of that planet is "Hercólobus".

It' s 30 times the size of Jupiter and its gravity can be felt in earth now... It made a crack that, according to the followers of the theory, its 100,000 kms. long.

(Which means that the crack should give two laps to the earth...)  ;D
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

AdamM

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 15/02/2009 19:29:27Besides, wasn't this the plot of an Arthur C Clarke novel?

The only Clarke story I've ever read, The Sands of Mars, ends with Phobos being ignited as an artificial sun as part of the ongoing terraforming of Mars.

Incidentally, you're all wrong about the Jupiter project, as it has in fact been lit up as a screen to disguise the secret experiments on yellow-breasted chats being undertaken there to create a species that can survive in hard vacuum and travel to other worlds as mankind's messengers to the Great Quagaar Empire in the Vega system.

AsimosVagan

Quote from: Nacho on Wed 18/02/2009 07:38:21
Asimos, the name of that planet is "Hercólobus".

I can´t believe it, there is someone else that knows about such #$@% pseudoscience!  :D

Nacho

I have a radio programme about skepticism, and that stupidity of Hercólubus has been voted there as one of the most famous no-senses.  :)

Stupot

I think if Jupiter turned into a star in the middle of January we would all know about it by now.
What exactly was the cover-up supposed to have been?  I can't really see why NASA would want to keep it a secret even if it were true...

Nacho

If Stupot says there is no cover-up, end of discussion.

LGM

Guys, guys. Let's stop being silly. Nothing is real, you are all just figments of my mind. This is all a dream. Now keep quiet, I'm trying to get some sleep!
You. Me. Denny's.

ThreeOhFour

The moon fairies and I are sorry LGM  :-[

We'll go and frolic somewhere else :(

Andail

Alright, it seems that most of this thread is now dedicated to scorn the naivity displayed by the original posted. While that might be justified, I think the thread itself is hardly constructive anymore. I think we have exhausted the comedy-pool provided by NASA-cover-up-theories by now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk