The Treasured Medallion - Completed

Started by amanta4ray, Tue 17/02/2009 15:20:32

Previous topic - Next topic

amanta4ray

Hello everyone and welcome to....

THE TREASURED MEDALLION    

Manuel Cantez thought he had it all worked out, until that
                                   fateful night when all his dreams were washed overboard.
                                        But for Debbie Johnson, this was only the beginning as she
                                   travels on an adventure to discover the secret Manuel never
                                   hoped to divulge One that will take you from the depths of the
                                   ocean to the jungles of a tropical island.
                                        Along the way, you will encounter the rare Tuki Tuki bird,
                                   exotic princesses and even the dreadful Chickcharnie, a legendary
                                   creature that will protect what's his - at all costs.

• Non-linear puzzles
  • 30-40 Hours of gameplay
  • 350+ Rooms to explore
  • Over 60 Characters to interact with
  • Collect and combine inventory items
  • Point and click interface
  • Captivating music and sound effects

Yeah, yeah --does a little happy dance!!

All my technical issues have been resolved and the game is now ready for your
                   downloading pleasure.  You can find it on the completed games forum or I will
                   be posting it on the front AGS games page.  Just an FYI- the download is quite
                   large (zip file- 397MB).

I want to thank everyone for their support and for their kind words.  I really
                   hope you enjoy the game!!!

You can find more information about the game on my website:

http://www.ah4media.com/

Take a peek at the prologue, you can download the zip file ( 2.45 Mb )

Download here

Screenshots

Hope you enjoy!!!!
Anne

Frodo

This looks amazing.  I love your graphics.   ;D

I watched your prologue, and it really set the story of nicely.  I'm really looking forward to playing this.   :)

miguel

350+ rooms 100% ready to explore! :o
That's a ton of work you did there, amazing!
The screenshots look good and I am eager to play this one.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

amanta4ray

Thanks guys for the kind words...

This was my first project and I know it was a little ambitious, but I kept at it.

Off and on, it took me about 2 1/2 years to complete.  The storyline was based  on a manuscript I was writing, but developed way beyond that into a creation all its own.

ThreeOhFour

Congratulations on completing such a big project! Good luck through the testing phase :).

Dualnames

Wondering... why did you not say about this faster?! Tss..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

amanta4ray

I know that I should of mentioned about the game awhile ago, but since it was taking so long to finished it, I  just thought I'd wait for a bit...

Then all of a sudden, it was done... ;D

Darth Mandarb

If it's done ... why did you post in here?  Why not post in the Completed Board?  Do you intend to work on it further?

If not I will move this into that board...

amanta4ray

If I posted it in the wrong place, I am sorry.

Since the game is in beta-testing and not ready for the public yet, I thought I would mention it here.  I figure it will take another 2-3 weeks of testing and fixing before it will be totally ready.

Darth Mandarb

That's no problem ... we can leave it in here for now!  I just wanted to make sure.  Thanks for clarifying :)

Buckethead

Very nice! It's a bit of a shame it has Poser all over. As most poser people models look a little like dolls. But I like what you've done with it. Besides, finishing a project this big is worth an emmy

amanta4ray

I know I cheated a little bit by using Poser, but my graphic skills are pretty much nil.  
  This was the only way I could actually bring my character to life...so to speak.  

dirk delshire

I was about to say the same thing but I know that Poser is a tool and like any other tool was meant to help.
Who knows maybe later you'll learn how to make your own skins and models. I have Poser too and I really want to learn how to draw skins.
This game story looks quite good so even though I'm not so keen on the visuals, I'm willing to give it a shot.
OMEGA Works Lead Director
Sometimes the art defines the artist but I believe artist defines himself...

amanta4ray

Hello everyone...

Just letting you know that the testing is going alright, though there were a couple of errors that could push the release date back another week.   Those errors have been fixed, but my testers had to start over again.  

I'll keep you posted....

Anne

neon

It took them a week to do this and you announced the game to be finished in two or three weeks.

So, you're on schedule.

Can't wait to see the finished game. I have a feeling that this one is very good stuff. Seems like you've put a lot of work into it and the screenshots are very amazing.

amanta4ray

Well the date has finally arrived and the game has gone through all its testing phases.

It is 100% completed and ready for everyone...but with all the best laid plans, there is a slight problem with uploading to my internet provider.  They seem to be having some slowing issues and my game (very large) is taking an extra-ordinary long time to upload.

As soon as I can get it uploaded, I will be moving this topic to the completed games category  and you can download it from there.  In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed for a quick resolution to my provider's problems.

neoen

You can temporary use some file sharing service (for example Megaupload.com). This game looks very good and I want to play it now  ;)

amanta4ray

Yeah, yeah --does a little happy dance!!

All my technical issues have been resolved and the game is now ready for your
                   downloading pleasure.  You can find it on the completed games forum or I will
                   be posting it on the front AGS games page.  Just an FYI- the download is quite
                   large (zip file- 397MB).

I want to thank everyone for their support and for their kind words.  I really
                   hope you enjoy the game!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk