Doctor Who: Episode One - Peace And Goodwill (DEMO NOW AVAILABLE)

Started by Cirius, Sat 21/02/2009 12:19:33

Previous topic - Next topic

freshrich

Quote from: Iris on Wed 04/03/2009 20:46:30
I'm a huge Doctor Who fan who has just recently finished season 4 on Netflix (on Monday actually haha). With my Doctor Who thirst not nearly quenched, I have gone into deep depression now that I have to wait so long before new episodes start (everything I've watched so far was on netflix) and the best thing I can do is turn to Torchwood (which is in the mail haha). So, anything Doctor Who right now makes me very happy.

Wow... same here.  I watched seasons 1-4 on my XBox 360 and went in to withdrawal.  I'm looking forward to playing this demo.  The Doctor rocks!

bicilotti

---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
An error has occured. Please contact the game author for support, as this
is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 2.72.920)

in Global script (line 60)

Error: DisplaySpeech: speech was already displayed (nested DisplaySpeech, perhaps room script and global script conflict?)

OK   

This happened when I was walking between my roomie and the telly.

I'm not a doctor who fan (I don't even know what doctor who is) but the demo was quite enjoyable and the humor cool.

I wait for more, more puzzles (and skippable curscenes)

Cirius

Yes, this bug has been infuriating the hell out of me, and I've no idea of the cause. Having bug tested for about a week, and found nothing, my partner was able to find it within two minutes of playing. I am however attempting to root it out.

You don't even know what Doctor Who is? I warn you, things might get a little confusing.
Skippable cutscenes should be doable, but I'm still an AGS newbie as it were, and I'm trying to get the hang of the basics before delving into anything more complicated.

Been a little sidetracked recently, as I'm working on a mod team for Armed Assault, but work does slowly continue. Refusing to tie myself down to a release date, so, it'll be done when it's done.

CM.

Nemesis of Cirius

Quote from: Cirius on Tue 07/04/2009 08:51:52
Yes, this bug has been infuriating the hell out of me, and I've no idea of the cause. Having bug tested for about a week, and found nothing, my partner was able to find it within two minutes of playing. I am however attempting to root it out.

You don't even know what Doctor Who is? I warn you, things might get a little confusing.
Skippable cutscenes should be doable, but I'm still an AGS newbie as it were, and I'm trying to get the hang of the basics before delving into anything more complicated.

Been a little sidetracked recently, as I'm working on a mod team for Armed Assault, but work does slowly continue. Refusing to tie myself down to a release date, so, it'll be done when it's done.

CM.

This all seems very good Cirius.

However, you seem to have forgotten the all important "drop clothes" command.

Peter Bear

Not much time for gaming neither creating, but keeping an eye on everything :)

Cirius

hotlinks tends to delete files after a month or so. Demo reuploaded for your perusal.

Peter Bear

Quote from: Cirius on Tue 28/04/2009 09:55:22
Hang on...I have a nemesis...Hooray!

weepeee

well ... :p try uploading somewhere else ?
Not much time for gaming neither creating, but keeping an eye on everything :)

Cirius

Sorry, my bad. I got distracted half way through uploading it, and forgot to actually finish doing it. Should be fine now.

Nemesis of Cirius

I really enjoyed playing this. Love the use of Sierra style graphics with a more usable interface.

Enjoyed all the humour as well. I look forward to seeing the full version.

CraigTheGnome

:embarrassed: It's seems like I'm 5 years too late, to ask but:

Cirius You still have a copy of the demo of your game ?

(I stumble on your post and was/still are interested in the concept you made for the game (Another Dr. Who Fan dude here :cool:) but the link in the description is "really" dead (thats seems happened a long time ago so I'm Sorry (and actually feel a bit stupid) to bother you now in post mortem but if you still are disponible to share your work (and still haven't buried/deleted it), I would really be glad if you can upload a copy of the demo :grin:)

Darth Mandarb

Just when you think people have finally learned to read the rules before posting...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk