The new home of RoN is...

Started by bumblearse, Mon 23/02/2009 23:14:29

Previous topic - Next topic

bumblearse

I 'm happy to say that RoN has now found a permanent home here at AGS, and that this forum is now the 'official' RoN forum. However, there still needs to be a place to go to find out more about Reality and that place is:

www.realityonthenorm.info

It's not ready yet, but we're taking on board a lot of the comments that have been made and will be online soon.

Cheers,
James

Dualnames

Great, that's really great news!!! :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Layabout

You should celebrate with a site redesign. Nice to see you now have a decent domain name.
I am Jean-Pierre.

Radiant

Wait, what happened to HOTU, then?

Gilbert

Renegade Implementor

Long story short- HOTU's webhost went bankrupt.

bumblearse

I think you may be right. I'm working on something right now.

But in the meantime you'll just have to put up with the old one...

Cheers,
James

Quote from: Layabout on Thu 26/02/2009 11:45:22
You should celebrate with a site redesign. Nice to see you now have a decent domain name.

rbaleksandar

How can I don't know about zis? :D Damn, guys, you should make some advertisement here ;) Love the idea really.
I am a mighty pirate. Arrrrgh!

Renegade Implementor

Just an update:  The resource page has been updated and reorganized a bit.  The links should work, in theory, however there are any broken links, pm me and let me know so I can fix it.  There's really nothing new on the resource page - this was just to get everything back up to date.  I'll dig through the files I have and see if I can't find unreleased graphics to put up.

Next I'm going to go through the games pages and get those sorted and see about replacing all game pages that were lost.

RickJ

I don't know if it's just my computer or what but the PDFs on the resource page take forever to load and then I still can't read them.   Do these documents have source?  If so I would be willing to convert them to DocBook/XML and from the XML generate HTML, PDF, and CHM.

All the links on the resource page seem to be connected to files.  And thanks for adding the dates to the file names.   ;) 

[edit]
Also (you're probably aware) the template is out of date and doesn't work with the latest AGS.   I would attempt to update it for everyone but I am away from my computer; borrowing my brother-in-law's laptop at the moment.     

DeviantGent

Yes, I noticed the template didnt work when I tried to import it into the primer. Anything I can do to help with this? It might be an idea to give it an overhaul?
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

RickJ

If you some one can bring it up to current AGS version I would be willing to refine it from there, provided folks more familiar with the RoN universe have some ideas of what needs to be done.

DeviantGent

If I recall, it's essentially cosmetic stuff - RON sign as first room, customised icons and menus, things of that ilk. It hasnt been touched since 2004, so I'm sure there are some new icons that could be utilised.

Several ideas leap out - either the ones for the Drunk Punk Allen demo, or the snazzy interface designed for the LotD remake Ive got sitting on my compy. I'll take a look and see if that would work.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Renegade Implementor

The PDFs were generated from PageMaker (I don't have the exact version number handy), and are simple text.  Could/have you tried downloading one and seeing if it's openable/readble when the file is on a hard drive.  I generally find PDFs on the internet slow to open and prefer to have them on a hard drive.

RickJ

Yes.  After disabling FireFox3 Adobe plugin I am able to save PDF to hard drive and open.   If plain text versions are available I would still like to experiment with making a DocBook version. 

Renegade Implementor

Update time - I've gone through and updated the download links.  That means that (in theory) the games are once again available to be downloaded.

There are a few links that don't work of which I'm aware of:
- The German version of Phantom Inheritance - I don't have a copy of this version.  If someone does have it, please let me know so I can replace it.
- The original dos version of The Postman Only Dies Once - Again, I don't have a copy of this version.  If someone does have it, let me know... etc. etc.

The games from 2008 have had their games pages re-added.  There's a slight technical fault that's temporarily preventing me from finishing the pages, however there should be no problem in getting the games themselves.

If there are any links that don't work OR if there was a game from 2008 that hasn't been included yet, pm me and let me know.

StickmanLtd

Glad to know that its back! After two harddrive crashes an an incompetent webhost, I don't know if I even HAVE the files for my RON demo that I made a while back, but c'est la guerre. :) It wasn't a very good demo anyway.

Kweepa

I just got around to playing "The Crazed Chicken" which is the highest rated game on the site. Someone clearly gamed the scoring system. It doesn't help drawing new players in when the first game they download is literally written by a 7 year old!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

DeviantGent

I remember this, and thought it odd. There doesn't seem to be a scoring system on the site now, presumably it's getting reset/overhauled.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk