An update on graphics

Started by Renegade Implementor, Mon 02/03/2009 04:06:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegade Implementor

Scruff, nice work.  Do you have these in normal size, as the examples you have suffer from anti-aliasing.

DeviantGent

Fantastic work Scruff, four of these characters are NPCs in my current project. If you can post the non-antialised ones, these will be a TREMENDOUS help.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Scruff

Here you go

plus a couple of others

And lastly my first attempt at walking up/down ani
(Dont move your hands Sam!!)

- Bah i dont know why the colours messed up on some off them sorry

DeviantGent

... wait a minute. How did you know I was going to use Sam in my intro as well?!

This is not only genuinely freaky, but my anticipated time it will take me to finish RoFM has been sliced in half. Seriously mate, this is hugely appreciated.  :)
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Renegade Implementor

Don't worry about the colours, I'll make the necessary corrections as I prep these for a resource pack.

Part of me wants to ask that you do more.  The other, more power-corrupt part of my admin-psyche is simply contemplating putting you under a geas. :)

Scruff

Quote from: DC on Fri 21/08/2009 22:32:47
How did you know I was going to use Sam in my intro as well?!

Lol that is freaky, I've literally only animated the characters I've needed for Night

As soon as that's finished I'll get on to animating some more  :)

DeviantGent

Bloody hell. Now this is a public service you are doing and no mistake. I don't suppose you could see your way to doing Elandra in your next batch, do you? Only with her done (and the other walk cycles), then that is me sorted spritewise and potentially could have me done in a matter of weeks as opposed to months.

If you fancy some feedback for your down walk cycles, then I would recommend taking them over to the Critics Lounge. Some really hoopy froods hang out there and would be more than happy to not only give you some tips, but also tweak them slightly for that special shinyness.

Also, two new games utilising Sam Salmon... bet JudgeDeadd never envisioned this when he did Disappearence Time. Hope he's watching and feeling proud of himself.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Renegade Implementor

Right, a resource pack has been made & is on the site.  I took a quick moment and centered the headers on a few things, so they stand out which should make finding a particular section easier.  Anyway, the file is "res-char-nwkrysprites-090821" and is in the Characters - sprites section.

Scruff

I had a go at Elandra, only done the one so far

Brentimous

Nice work. Here's a slightly modified version of that Elandra. I can't wrap my head around how the coat's suppose to move with the leg, so that's about the best you'll get out of me. It's almost worth what you paid to get it. As for Elandra's giant bust, (are all of Reality's females going to join Mika's fate?) I can't help with that. I'm an ass-man, so yeah. Maybe I can help better with her up walk.

Scruff

Ah yeah I had a similar problem with the coat and legs but your modifications seem to work much better

Here's my attempt at sideways

though it does look like she's swimming in the air lol

and gimp is STILL MESSING UP THE COLOURS ARRRGH!!

Renegade Implementor

Brentimous, good to hear from you.  Where've you been... seriously, where have you been?! :)

QuoteAs for Elandra's giant bust,

You had ample opportunity to adjust things when you had the sprites in your possession.

Scruff, nice work, although I think the sideways arm movement doesn't successfully match the arm movements in the down view.  As you're having trouble with the program you're using, have you tried other programs?  I'm using Beneton Movie Gif and found it works well and it's free.

Brentimous

Fixed the colors, redid the arms, and made some slight adjustments to the legs. Nice work on the coat. Only the walk-up and talk animations need to be made for her to be completely finished. I think she'd then be the first Krysis sprite to ever actually be fully animated.

Quoteseriously, where have you been?!

Hell if I know. I was hoping you'd have that answer.

Scruff

Did some Davy today

and Elandra talk ani

I was going to attempt an Elandra up ani but that coat scares me a bit to much lol

Also sorry I have no idea why some are at hyper speed, must be something to do with photobucket  >:(

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I think you're making good progress here!  Davy's side walk animation in particular is pretty solid aside from what appears to be one frame wehre his arm jerks back.  The other directions could use more of the effort you put into this one, but with all the characters you seem to be including in your game it definitely comes down to a matter of quantity vs. quality, so my virtual hat is off to you for your effort here!

Sporkaganza

Whoa! When did this happen? It's so sudden.

In any case, I'm very surprised. This is some useful stuff. I hope the good work is kept up.

Ezekiel

Have these new characters been posted to the RON site? I couldn't find them in the Krysis sprite pack.  They look fantastic!

Scarab

Ezekiel

Quote from: Scarab on Sat 17/10/2009 19:00:01
Is this them?
It's some of the redone character files featured in this thread, but not all of them.  For example there's no Davy or Elandra.

Renegade Implementor

The file referenced was compiled on the Aug 21st, Scruff posted Davy & Elandra on the 24th.  Unless there was a TARDIS involved, they wouldn't be in the zip file.

Now that life has settled down, I can get caught up on a few housekeeping issues.  If someone wants to take a crack at getting a few more animations done - say Elandra's up walk or taking a look at Davy's up walk (it looks like he's walking down backwards to me), or one of the other characters before things go into the new resource pack, that would be greatly appreciated.

Either way, expect things to be bundled together in a new zip file next Saturday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk