An update on graphics

Started by Renegade Implementor, Mon 02/03/2009 04:06:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezekiel

Quote from: Renegade Implementor on Sat 17/10/2009 21:44:54
The file referenced was compiled on the Aug 21st, Scruff posted Davy & Elandra on the 24th.  Unless there was a TARDIS involved, they wouldn't be in the zip file.

Now that life has settled down, I can get caught up on a few housekeeping issues.  If someone wants to take a crack at getting a few more animations done - say Elandra's up walk or taking a look at Davy's up walk (it looks like he's walking down backwards to me), or one of the other characters before things go into the new resource pack, that would be greatly appreciated.

Either way, expect things to be bundled together in a new zip file next Saturday.
Thanks! Not trying to be obnoxious here, just askin' questions.   :)

Renegade Implementor

QuoteThanks! Not trying to be obnoxious here, just askin' questions.

Well it's Saturday.  So here's an answer: the file containing Krysis-style sprites been updated and uploaded to the site.

Renegade Implementor

After getting a template walk cycle hashed out (thanks to all who responded in the critics lounge), I went about applying it a bunch of characters.  Long story short... there is a NEW .cha character resource file on the RoN site that contains about 20 or so characters in Krysis' style that have full walk & talk animations.

Progress has been made!

DeviantGent

Nicely done sir, these are looking cool. Love Tijn's especially. These and the backgrounds should be enough for some new games to start appearing.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Creed Malay

Any chance of some images? :)
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Renegade Implementor

Well yes, there's always the chance I suppose...  ;D

Edit:

There's an example of moving characters that were created with the walking template.

Renegade Implementor

In the last half-year the following characters have been fully animated (walking & talking) using the walking template:

They're available in two packs, a .cha pack & a collection of .png sprites.  There's also been an update to the inventory & objects resource pack as well as an update to the Krysis style backgrounds pack which contains a few new backgrounds (such as Dominatrix Pizza).  All resource packs are available for download at the RoN site.

As always, if anyone sees room for improvement & wants to alter background or character sprites, please do.

Renegade Implementor

The following 4 characters (in Krysis style) have been fully animated with walking & talking animations: The Reality High School Janitor, PC Leon Evans, Biggs, and Vicks (see accompanying pic).  They've been added to a new Krysis style cha pack which can be found on the RoN site.

I'm hoping to get Death done in the next batch of characters.

Renegade Implementor

Here's the latest batch of characters that are fully animated.  I've uploaded them in an update .cha zip file & in sprite zip file.

If anyone has a specific character who isn't animated that they need for an upcoming game, let me know and I'll try to get them finished.  Otherwise, I'm looking to add Punk Allen to the next batch.

BunnyShoggoth

Dunno if anyone has time and patience for this but i'd love to see a RON starter pack done in the style of DOTT/Sam & Max HTR (similar to DOTT-styled Bernard's house in Maniac Mansion Mania). Would've done it myself but i'm no great artist.

Thanks
--BBWolf

Construed

I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

Renegade Implementor

Having RoN characters interpreted in DOTT/Sam & Max style would be very interesting to see.

More characters done in the Krysis style have been fully animated.  They are:

There's a new file on the Resources section of the RoN site available for download.

Construed

I like DVE lol, reminds me of the scientist from qfg4
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

CosmoQueen

Wow Renegade those look really amazing! Makes me wanna make a RON game of my own.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Ponch

Quote from: CosmoQueen on Sun 20/05/2012 12:16:14
Wow Renegade those look really amazing! Makes me wanna make a RON game of my own.

You should make your own RON game, Cosmoqueen. It's fun, easy, and a great way to impress your friends (and pets!).  ;-D

Also, I agree. The sprites look very cool.

CosmoQueen

I've considered it but I don't really have ideas for a plot or dialog :( And um, pets? LOL
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Renegade Implementor

Well, no pets this time, but here's a bunch of folks who have been recently completed, added to the .cha bundle and uploaded to the site.

Ponch

Don't knock the pet thing, people. My dog is very impressed with everything I do. And I can only assume that he would also be impressed with any RON game I made. Therefore, it can be easily extrapolated that CosmoQueen's pet would be just as impressed if she made a RON game. It's science, obviously.  :cool:

Also, hey it's Esmarilda!  :cheesy: Nice work, RI.

Krysis

My, oh, my! A man goes off the grid for a couple of years and look what happens. :D

Renegade Implementor

Krysis, good to hear from you again.

Here's the next batch, finally got Allen finished.  Still no pets though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk