Monkey Island : Daementia

Started by Chabiboy, Thu 05/03/2009 00:01:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Chabiboy

Hi Everyone !

I'm french, so I apologize for my mistakes :D

EDIT :

Well, the game I'm working on is a episode of Monkey Island, nicknamed "Daementia" because it is a fight in the head of Guybrush Threepwood, between episode 1 and 2.

This game is right now avaible on the website http://monkey-island.c.la and you can play with a alpha version of about 4.5Mo which introduce you to the game.

I made a video on Daylimotion which show some picture and the gameplay I made before the end of the Alpha version. You can see it here : http://www.dailymotion.com/user/le_mime/video/x8k854_monkey-island-fans-project_videogames

Right now, I'm looking for a team, if someone is interested, no problem !

Friendly.
Monkey Island Lover.

Darth Mandarb

Hello Chabiboy!

Please review the forum rules and add at least one more (in-game) screenshot!

Thanks!

Chabiboy

Hi !
No problem, it was too late yesterday, but I know for the screenshots ;)
It's updated !
Monkey Island Lover.

Cyrus

What can you tell us about the plot?

Chabiboy

Ok, I'm french so I'm not sure to understand the word "Plot" but I'll try to answer :

Guybrush will get up and understand that he was dreaming... But in fact... he has a curse and the world where he is living in will change brutally !

Elaine will really become in the evil side... etc...

So it's the scenario I wanna develop...

Is it good ?
Monkey Island Lover.

SuperDre

Is there (or will there be) any original artwork? as the video isn't anything worth writing about IMHO..

Chabiboy

Yes ! I'll draw original artworks for this game !

And I didn't understand what you said "as the video isn't anything worth writing about IMHO.."
I don't know what is IMHO .... u_u

Thx !
Monkey Island Lover.

Frodo

Quote from: Chabiboy on Thu 05/03/2009 16:52:16
I don't know what is IMHO .... u_u

It means In My Humble Opinion.   :)

Joe

I've been watching your game production, and the only thing I want to say is that there are lots of AGS games with graphics ripped from MI games, many people are fed up... and even if your game is good many people will become discouraged of downloading your game for that reason.

Good luck

EDIT: By the way. I think that blur in your low-res backgound don't fit at all.
Copinstar © Oficial Site

ALPHATT

I don't see why you released an alpha while your obviously in a very early stage of development.
/sig

Chabiboy

QuoteIt means In My Humble Opinion.
Thank you ! He said it to me in a PM ;)

Joe : yes, you're right ! those graphics you can see in the alpha version are the only you'll find from monkey island.... As I said it earlier, I'll draw some originals ;)
(You're right for the blur.... u_u)

ALPHA2T : For me it is an alpha... but maybe I don't use the right name lol sorry ! We'll call it as you want ;)
Monkey Island Lover.

Joe

Ok I hope you correct that mistake in your game develop
Copinstar © Oficial Site

Peder 🚀

First, Welcome to the forum!
Second, I wish you good luck with this game, the plot does sound a bit interesting indeed!

Ripped GFX or not I dont care, if your a scripter and no artist, just make the game with ripped GFX, and rather try to get someone to make original GFX when its done! Dont feel discouraged because someone mentioned that most people are fed up of people using MI backgrounds! Even though this is probably true you can allways use them as placeholder GFX and get original ones made later!

Again good luck!

Dualnames

This whole thing reminds me of something..I once did..bleh..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Chabiboy

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Thu 05/03/2009 23:59:17
Second, I wish you good luck with this game, the plot does sound a bit interesting indeed!

Ripped GFX or not I dont care, if your a scripter and no artist, just make the game with ripped GFX, and rather try to get someone to make original GFX when its done! Dont feel discouraged because someone mentioned that most people are fed up of people using MI backgrounds! Even though this is probably true you can allways use them as placeholder GFX and get original ones made later!

Again good luck!

Thank you very much for your answer ;) It's really sympathic.
Monkey Island Lover.

Dualnames

Quote from: Chabiboy on Fri 06/03/2009 08:40:09
Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Thu 05/03/2009 23:59:17

Again good luck!

Thank you very much for your answer ;) It's really sympathic.

My first game here was a mi fan game, it was rather a failure. Hope you go better!!! :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Chabiboy

Thanks !
But you know, if you wanna join the team ! It's possible !
Even the others who want it lol
Monkey Island Lover.

Cyrus

Please add the music from the video to the demo.

Chabiboy

Ok ;)

EDIT : new rooms on the first post ;)

And the news LeChuck :
Monkey Island Lover.

Peder 🚀

Wait a minute, did you MAKE those last 2 rooms?
(Cant remember seeing them in MI at least).

Either way if you made them, why not just make all the backgrounds yourself?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk