the laboratory

Started by Tina, Fri 13/03/2009 06:45:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Tina

im stuck at beginning i cant read the note and cant pick anything up can anyone help me to get me moving thanks

Leon

Yep, a bit awkward but try using the door on the far left.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

frederic09

hello !

i don't know how to discover the hidden phone number. I try everything to remove the coffee thing, by using the card with all elements i found in the 2 maps, but nothing.

It may be logical but i'm a little stuck. Could i have a little hint please ?

Thanks in advance.
F.

Leon

You're trying to find the number for a name.
Spoiler
The name seems to be stained but it's not...
Look at all the others and see if you can make something of it.
[close]
Another hint:
Spoiler
Sylables
[close]
The solution:
Spoiler
re-create the name you need and put the number behind it in the same order
[close]
The answer:
Spoiler
[close]

frederic09

thx ! i will try with your hints ^^

frederic09

waw ! i understand the puzzle. Thanks again for your 2nd hint ^^
It was behind my eyes.

Well now i need to find the elevator code. I try something very logical :

Spoiler
I convert "Volcom" in numbers, 865266, and try the "experiment number" (96348) written in the loading, but it didn't work.
[close]

I think i am close but, anyway, i will find it. I'm pretty sure there are an hidden hint.  I just need times. How much time you take to find the code ? (I will not ask another hint, because i always ask one today ^^)

Ewen

Whats the code for the lift?

Leon

The code for the elevator is mentioned in the dialog when you swipe the card. It's only mentioned once so read carefully....

The solution:
Spoiler
The code is CODE --> 2633
[close]

MarieNomad

I was wondering, what do I do in the bathroom?  I keep on trying to look in the mirror but nothing happens.

marko33

ok got the elevator and now stuck on restarting the  console i have only 3 lights
help!

Leon

@MarieNomad:

Nothing... just decoy

@marko33:

The code is random each time you play so I can't give you the straight solution.
Never played mastermind? Be systematic. It's fairly easy (but that's with everything if you know the answer ;-)

First try to get all colours. Since you can't have duplicate colours (like in real mastermind) first take the first four colours. Look what happens. Probably not all four at once. Then replace just one colour and see again what happens.
More right? great! then the one you removed wasn't in the intended set. Less right? Then the one you removed should be in the set. Replace another one with the same new colour and see what happens again.  Nothing changes? Then two possibilties: either both should be in the set (the one you removed and the one you put new in) or they're both not in the set.

Try to switch them until you have the colours right. Them move them to get them in the right place. First swith the first two and see what happens. More right? Keep them and try the next. Less right? Reverse your last move and try to switch the next.

More (techinical) info can be found here.

MarieNomad

I am still stuck.  Where's the Mirror Image?!

Leon

It's in the corner....

Spoiler
Look at the books in the cabinet next to the window. First you see books. Look again and you'll see a science fiction book. Look a third time and you'll remember Asimov's story "Mirror Image".
[close]

mspenguin

Nevermind the following...I couldn't find my inventory. I'm used to AGS games having it at the top of the screen. Once I hit Ctrl-I...everything was fine. Fun game anyway.

Ok, I'm completely confused. I look at those books over and over and over and all it ever says is that it's my sci-fi novels. I can't pick them up, and looking at them does nothing. I am unable to pick anything up in either room and I can't get out of the house. Is it a bug??

Quote from: Leon on Fri 13/03/2009 23:54:29
It's in the corner....

Spoiler
Look at the books in the cabinet next to the window. First you see books. Look again and you'll see a science fiction book. Look a third time and you'll remember Asimov's story "Mirror Image".
[close]

placyd

Quote from: mspenguin on Tue 17/03/2009 02:19:25
Nevermind the following...I couldn't find my inventory. I'm used to AGS games having it at the top of the screen. Once I hit Ctrl-I...everything was fine. Fun game anyway.

Ok, I'm completely confused. I look at those books over and over and over and all it ever says is that it's my sci-fi novels. I can't pick them up, and looking at them does nothing. I am unable to pick anything up in either room and I can't get out of the house. Is it a bug??

The inventory pops up when you move the mouse at the top of the screen.

About the books:
Spoiler
First you have to look at the card in your inventory, to know what you have to look for.
[close]

CosmoQueen

How do I get the phone number off the paper?
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Leon

You're trying to find the number for a name.
Spoiler
The name seems to be stained but it's not...
Look at all the others and see if you can make something of it.
[close]
Another hint:
Spoiler
Sylables
[close]
The solution:
Spoiler
re-create the name you need and put the number behind it in the same order
[close]
The answer:
Spoiler
[close]

CosmoQueen

Thanks but now I can't figure out how to get the elevator code! LOL
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Leon

The CODE for the elevator is mentioned in the dialog when you swipe the card. It's only mentioned once so read carefully....

The solution:
Spoiler
The code is CODE --> 2633
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk