The Treasured Medallion

Started by amanta4ray, Wed 18/03/2009 00:33:17

Previous topic - Next topic

amanta4ray

AH 4Media proudly presents......

Manuel Cantez thought he had everything worked out,
                                    until that fateful night when all his dreams were washed  
                                    overboard.
                                        But for Debbie Johnson, this was only the beginning as you
                                   embark on an amazing adventure to discover the secret Manuel
                                   never hoped to divulge.  One that will have you swimming through
                                   the ocean depths, scouring the dense jungle for clues and even
                                   finding the remnants of a long-lost civilization.  
                                        Along the way, you will encounter the rare Tuki Tuki bird,
                                   exotic princesses and even the dreadful Chickcharnie, a legendary
                                   creature that will protect what's his - at all costs.

Use the link below to download game:

Zip file ( 397 Mb )

Walk-through available on website in the tips/hints section

Game updated 4/9/2009 to fix bug crash

350+ Rooms to explore                    Over 60 Characters to interact with

Collect and combine inventory items                            Interactive puzzles

Explore an old mine                                  Danger lurks around the corner

Hope you enjoy!!!!
Anne

arj0n

350+ Rooms, danger lurking around the corner: Let's check it out, looks cool.

Leon

Congratulations with this release.. looking good
Expect my comments when finished... +350 rooms? (next month? ;-)
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

neoen

Hi, I tried to download it several times, but everytime when 125 MB is downloaded ther is message "Download Completed" and there is no way to continue download  :( It seems that it is corrupted somehow...

amanta4ray

I will check this out about the download being corrupted.  Thanks for letting me know.

Bulbapuck

Ooh, this looks pretty darn good!
Now I know what I'll do this weekend ;)

amanta4ray

I double checked the download and it is working perfectly from my website, but is having problems from the AGS site.

EDIT: I am taking off my link due to techical difficulties with my website provider. Hopefully I can get it working again soon.

frederic09

waw it's faster with the link from your site.

i hope this game is interesting.

Leon

I keep getting the message
The Treasured Medallion.zip could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
No matter what link I use...

amanta4ray

Quote from: Leon on Wed 18/03/2009 19:32:21
I keep getting the message
The Treasured Medallion.zip could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
No matter what link I use...

Sorry about that, but I'm not sure what that error is referring to.  I tried the download and have opened it up on two different computers and is doing fine with the new link.

Peder 🚀

An alternative link:
[PLEASE ONLY USE AS AN ALTERNATIVE LINK IF THE MAIN LINK DONT WORK!]

(You can put this link as a mirror download if you want Anne :))

amanta4ray

You don't know how much I appreciate this alternative link.  My host provider has got me so frustrated that I felt like my game was never going to be working right.

If anyone has a good place to host large files, please let me know.

die_to_xxx

Sorry to be yet another bringer of bad news, but I can't get this to download either no matter which of the download links I try.

I've tried it on 2 separate computers and always get,

"The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

whenever I try to unzip the file.

I've tried multiple downloads of each of the files offered, and each and every one gives me the same error message.
Even the recent link by Peder Johnsen causes the exact same error.

I hope you manage to work out what's wrong with it soon as I, and I'm sure many others, are looking forward to playing this!
--
~ 星

Gilbert

In that case it's very possibly a problem on your side. It can be a virus, a faulty harddisk, a browser problem or other reasons that may do something bad.

I'll recommend you to scan your system for virus first, then check your harddisk, or even try to download it with another browser.

die_to_xxx

Like I said, I've tried it on 2 separate systems (with 2 different operating systems)
I've also tried it with both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

I also know that there are no problems with my system as I'm pretty anal about keeping everything under control there!  *laughs*  Plus it's unlike that BOTH my systems which aren't connected to one another have the same issue!

Still, I'm wondering if it's a problem with my connection?  I live in a very large apartment building and the connection just comes with it.  Usually I have no issues, but perhaps things aren't great today?
Either way, I've never had this kind of error with an AGS game before and that's why I thought I'd come check it out.  When I found that loads of others were having issues, I just assumed I was having the same one!  *laughs*

Will try and download it again tomorrow and see if that helps!  Thanks for your advice!
--
~ 星

Buckethead

Unlike some people I managed to download it from the original link without any problems.

I've been playing it a little and there are a few things that bother me a little:

- There is no goal when you start. You are just dropped into the water without knowing what's going on.

- You have to guess what are hotspots and what are not. It would be nice if it would display a hotspot name if you scroll over them.

Both of these got me stuck a few times already.

On the other side:

- The game looks good with the nice animations and backgrounds.

- The story is interesting and I certainly want to know more about it.

amanta4ray

Hello again everyone,

I am trying real hard to get these issues fixed.

I re-uploaded the game and technical support has
given me the link below to access the game:

As far as the game itself goes, I did have the names over
the hotspots, but took them out because I felt they were too
distracting.  I know a lot of people don't like to pixel-hunt, so
I tried to put as many hints as possible without actually giving
away the answers.  

If anyone does get stuck, there is a
walk-through in the tips/ hints section of my website.

Leon

QuoteIf anyone does get stuck, there is a
walk-through in the tips/ hints section of my website.

Or ask at the hint & tips section, I'll answer the questions  :D

saluk

It's a very good game so far, although there are some things which really get on my nerves about it as well.

Jerky animation:
A lot of the animation is so jerky that it is distracting. It starts with the opening movie and doesn't stop there. I would almost prefer things to be static than to have them animate like this.  Most glaring are things like a car moving across the screen, where it jumps from the left, to the middle, to the right.  Note that the walkcycle, while it could be better, was not too bad.

Silly death:
This is a boo on me, but I had forgotten to save and did an action that did not seem dangerous at all.  I was given a warning as the action took place, but this warning did not give me a chance to alter my action.  This resulted in the game over screen and I had to start over from the beginning.  I would much prefer to have the character tell me that they shouldn't do that, or at least make the outcome of the action less harsh.
Spoiler

The action was stealing the firecracker.  She should have said, "No, I will get caught!"  Or the seller could have said, "hey, what are you doing with that firecracker?" and she replies, "Er, just looking at it!"  A death and game over seems very unnecessary for the action, as well as how early in the game it is.
[close]

Too many items from random spots
Spoiler

The grabbing items from the drain was overused.  Now when I play through again from the beginning (since I died) I have to do that again and it is a bit annoying having to click several times on each drain to make sure I got them all. 
[close]
Also, the design worries me that I will easily miss something that I need for later, and have NO idea where I could have missed it.  With 350 rooms, that's a scary thought.  But then again I can always go back to the walkthrough for these situations.

I also ran into the bug, when you first get onto the boat, I pressed escape to skip through some stuff, and the dialog ended.  Seemed no way for the boat to get to shore without being able to go through the dialog, and I can't talk to the other girl anymore.

But I like the story, the scenario is very interesting.  Starting with diving was a lot of fun.  I like long games too, so looking forward to going through this one.  It looks like you put a lot of work into it!

Peder 🚀

Quote from: die_to_xxx on Thu 19/03/2009 15:57:15
"The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

whenever I try to unzip the file.

How big is the file?
Maybe the download is to big, I can make rar the game in several rar files so each file will be smaller..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk