AGS Crash running Shifter's Box (solved)

Started by Ali, Fri 20/03/2009 12:32:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Shifter's Box crashed after the splash screens when I ran it in DX5 mode. I changed it to DX9 and it plays perfectly, but I thought I'd better post the error message and crash dump. If a non-agser had experienced the same problem they might not have known how to get such a lovely game working.

---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x0052F6FF ; program pointer is +77, ACI version 3.11.1057, gtags (0,19)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and post the details on the AGS Technical Forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.

An error file CrashInfo.dmp has been created. You may be asked to upload this file when reporting this problem on the AGS Forums. (code 0)
OK   

Crash Dump file here

Pumaman

Thanks for reporting this, this looks like the same crash that was reported in KQ1VGA, but I never managed to reproduce it.

It might be fixed in 3.1.2 but I'm not sure -- is there any chance you could try running the game with 3.1.2 by doing the following:

1. Copy the 3.1.2 ACWIN.EXE file into the game's directory.
2. Rename the game EXE file to AC2GAME.DAT.
3. Double-click the ACWIN.EXE file.

and see if you still get the crash?

Ali

I'm pleased to report that it seems the mystery is solv-ed. The game did not crash in the manner described above using AGS 3.1.2 SP1.

Bravo!

Pumaman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk