EDITOR PLUGIN: "GIF to View Importer" version 1.0 released! (.NET 2.0)

Started by SpacePaw, Thu 26/03/2009 00:01:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruben654

ive got this error when clicking on the "import gif file" button
this is the error:
QuoteError: Method not found: 'System.String System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.get_SafeFileName()'.
Version: AGS 3.1.0.60

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.get_SafeFileName()'.
   at AGS.Plugin.GifToViewImporter.ImportPropertiesPanel.btnImport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

SpacePaw

Pumaman

The OpenFileDialog.SafeFileName property was added in .NET 2.0 SP1 -- therefore you probably need to install the Service Pack.

Alternately SpacePaw could update the plugin to use the FileName property instead which doens't require SP1 :)

Argyle

Thank you so much for this plug-in! After learning that AGS did not natively import animated GIFs with their frame delay properties intact, I grew to feel very very guilty for our project programmer after having sent him easily over 1500 frames worth of animated sprites that all had varying delays per frame on most of the sprites.

After I found and tested this last night after wading through a slew of search results on the forums, you really made me a happy man!  No longer will that 486 frame sprite for a cutscene weigh down my conscious, haha.  He will be thrilled when I tell him I found this!

Abisso

Quote from: Pumaman on Sat 15/08/2009 21:17:59
The OpenFileDialog.SafeFileName property was added in .NET 2.0 SP1 -- therefore you probably need to install the Service Pack.

Alternately SpacePaw could update the plugin to use the FileName property instead which doens't require SP1 :)

Unsurprisingly enough, you were correct. I had the same issue Ruben had and solved it by installing Service Pack 1 for .NET 2.0.

Quote from: Argyle on Wed 11/08/2010 07:04:54
Thank you so much for this plug-in! After learning that AGS did not natively import animated GIFs with their frame delay properties intact, I grew to feel very very guilty for our project programmer after having sent him easily over 1500 frames worth of animated sprites that all had varying delays per frame on most of the sprites.

After I found and tested this last night after wading through a slew of search results on the forums, you really made me a happy man!  No longer will that 486 frame sprite for a cutscene weigh down my conscious, haha.  He will be thrilled when I tell him I found this!

Lol... I truly felt relieved when you told me about this plugin. Then lost again when it didn't work (before installing .NET 2.0 Service Pack 1). But now I'm thrilled, yes. :)

Last, but not least (quite the opposite, as a matter of fact) let me thank you soooo much Spacepew. Quill o' the Wisp and me in particular, will use it to "forge" a better game, I'm sure. ;)
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk