Odd Adverts

Started by Ali, Tue 31/03/2009 13:22:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Hi guys,

I was amused by these oddly mismatched adverts which appeared when I logged into googlemail:

I rather think if I followed up the first, I wouldn't need the second. I'm also disturbed that including the word 'spirit' in an email lead googlemail to think I'm into faith healing.

This being only faintly amusing, has anyone else spotted any odd adverts or misguided marketing?

nihilyst

Well, I do often get those "You don't live twice -- try it out!" spam mails. I do find them rather amusing.

m0ds

There's this advert on Hotmail at the moment, it has this static picture and a load of "Go to Open Uni" wording.

But seriously, WHAT THE F**KERY IS GOING ON IN THE BACKGROUND???

Seriously, what does exposing your nipple have to do with OU, getting a job, starting your own business etc? If anyone has seen this ad, or can deduce from my pic above what it's REALLY about, I'd love to know :/

Buckethead

Mods you've got a dirty mind!  := That's a ( i assume) guy putting on his tie. And that's not a nipple but a button of his shirt.

m0ds

OHH shit yeah thanks Buckethead!! NOW I totally see it :D I didn't when I first read your reply lol but after looking at it again, and again, and again...I see the tie and the button.

Thanks for your help! :P

Tuomas

Haha! This is just brilliant. A great example of why you should always let a group of the audience take a look at your work before publishing it :D:D

magintz

This is quite a nice collection

http://www.bspcn.com/2008/07/22/top-10-wrong-placed-ads/

I won't hotlink any of them so go take a look :)
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

DanielH

Idon't have a screenshot of this but I once saw a google ad with the (possibly intentionally) poorly worded advert 'Brand new braille porducts you've never seen before'. Oh how I laughed.

Nostradamus

Guru Pitka > Deepak Chopra

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk