MAGS 2009-04: Space Derelict

Started by Klaus, Wed 01/04/2009 08:16:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaus

Ladies and gentlemen - please submit your entries within the next 24 hours (see timestamp of this message). Then the voting will begin. :)

Wyz

Ok, I'm all done. :D

Click link

I liked to try something expirimental, and I'm very happy about the result. It not a very easy adventure, but still nothing feels unnatural. There are quite the few hidden replies so if you want get the maximum out of this game, click everything with everything. ;)

I've done the scripting, art, design, story, music and most of the sound effect myself. I hope you all enjoy it. Feel free to send me any remarks or questions.

Ps. If the hosting bandwidth gets exceeded, please let me know.

I'll reserve this space for a FAQ.

FAQ

Where can I find the options menu?
Use the map and move your cursor to the top of your screen.

Can inventory be combined?
No, inventory is used on hotspots and objects only.
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Leon

Brilliant. Just brilliant! Fantastic graphics. Great puzzles! Good story. Very well done! And the humor...

Spoiler
Thank god the flipped screen turns back automatically, I was afraid I had to finish the game upside down :-)
[close]

(minor thing: I think the buttons in the cockpit are reserved for future use, not reversed?)
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Hudders

OneDollar, that was excellent.  ;D

Although:
Spoiler
Finding the floor sensor is a bit of a pixel hunt.
[close]

But other than that I enjoyed it immensely!

Wyz

Quote from: Leon on Sat 25/04/2009 11:41:24
Brilliant. Just brilliant! Fantastic graphics. Great puzzles! Good story. Very well done! And the humor...

Thanks! :D

(minor thing: I think the buttons in the cockpit are reserved for future use, not reversed?)

lol, typical freudian slip, thanks for pointing it out! :D

lord_hellfire

Can I ask for few more hours?

I should finish in two, maybe three hours. I'm sure I will be ready by midnight CET, or even sooner.

Evil

Well, I got to busy with classes, but I did some basic design stuff. The concept was a panda and koala in space. Just thought I'd share. :)

Leon

OneDollar:

Solid game.. Nothing really unexpected but good graphics, nice story and some humor. Enough distraction at points and some hidden objects to make it a good timekiller. Well done!

Lad

I`m working on my one don`t know if I can make it! It would probably take me a few hours more. Even if I won`t make it in time I will still give out so you can play. This will be my first finished project when it comes out.  ;D

It is rather short as I have done it only about a week.

Klaus

Okay okay okay... Let's add some more hours for all the games that are
still in progress and almost done: So let's face the deadline in 14 hours
from now (see timestamp of this message)?! See you soon - with the voting!

lord_hellfire

A little later than I expected, but I'm finished.

A place without frontier.

http://rapidshare.com/files/225973866/Compiled.exe

Warning:
The game contains some strong language and sugestive dialog.

Edit:
I've fixed the problem with game re-starting after returning to starting room. Tha link has been updated.

And here's the patch for people who already downloaded the game.
http://rapidshare.com/files/225974505/Patch.exe

Revan

I don't think your game is working.. I have downloaded it, but it wont start up..??  ???

Leon

This game looks alright. Nice combination of photo and drawings but... is the game complete?

It try to walk in hallways that look like you can walk but you can't. When I open the door to return to 'Doc' I see the titlescreen and then it seems like the game starts again but without resetting the inventory?

Also it's not very clear what you can use and what not so it results in clicking everywhere you can to see if it interacts. Lt. Monroe looks very much like the main char. Bit confusing. Thought it was a bug at first and that the main char was displayed twice.

I progressed now.. see what else comes up. Nice animations..

Finished the game. Great end animation and nice story too. Would love to see a sequel with improved walkcycles, clearer walkpaths and indicated hotspots. Other than that, well done!

ps. The English could use some work too... (hmm.. sounds like there's nothing I liked.. NOT TRUE!!  :D)

Lad

I could`t make it in the extended time (Had to sleep some time too).  :'(  Now I`ll take my time and make it better then it is now.

May the best win!

miguel

Same here, thanks for the extended time tough Klaus
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Klaus

Okay - still nothing here, so let's do it...

For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

Dead in Space by Wyz
Breakdown by OneDollar
A Place Without Frontier by lord_hellfire

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

JimmyShelter

I finished Breakdown, but I'm currently stuck in Dead in Space.

Spoiler

I've taped the loose wires, found the tools, the panty hose, the keys, but the keys won't fit anywhere.

Where can I find the right keys for the cockpit?
[close]

Wyz

Quote from: JimmyShelter on Sun 26/04/2009 16:31:15
I finished Breakdown, but I'm currently stuck in Dead in Space.

Hint:
Spoiler

If you cant seem to get the navigation controls online, call the admiral, he will give a hint.
If you still cant find the problem:

Hint 2:
Spoiler

You have a wiring problem.
[close]
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk