Started by Danvzare, Sun 17/05/2009 14:43:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

(THIS GAME IS COMPLETE!!!)
that means that if you're a moderater feel free to delete this topic
here's the link to the game
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1167

most thing on this game are edited versions of things from maniac mansion mania

I've been working on my game a lot reacently and boy is it boring but i've added a secret ending if you find the big blue cup which is an inventory item and i've made every object in the bedroom interecterble so my charecter will say something diffrent for each one even if you talk to objects ;)

STORY
My game is about a guy named Rowen who needs to go to work but has lost his keys and can't find them anywhere, he finds this book about finding your keys and then he starts looking in all the locations it says

GRAPHICS
It will look a bit like maniac mansion but only three rooms and one playble charecter that I made, it will also use a verbcoin which I made my self but most thing were created by lucasfan I just edited them  :'(

GAMEPLAY
As bad as the story seems the whole game takes place in Rowen's apartment and almost every object is interectble (hopefully) also Rowen isn't the searius type as a matter of fact he's an idoit therefor you'll have a laugh at almost anything he says there's also a secret ending for anyone who can find the big blue cup

PROGRESS
the game is very short unless you're poor at solving puzzles or if you are interecting with everything

CREATORS
Me and maybe lucasfan since I am using his artwork but I did get the music from maniac mansion mania as well as the sprites but I edited the sprites

EXTRA
I made a comic of my charecter the game is set in panel 1.5 of the first page heres the link to them
http://danvzare.deviantart.com/art/R-Comic-Page-1-111320613

SCREENSHOTS

As you can see this room looks almost indentical as the one in maniac mansion mania this is because I'm not very creative when it comes down to bathrooms

If you look closely you'll see that the room is looks a bit like zak McKracken's room just diffrent colours and slightly diffrent objects

SuperDre

haha, this looks great.. can't wait to play it.. and I'm already hoping you will create a fulllength game soon.. ;)

NsMn

Hey, Danzvare! You're using material from Maniac Mansion Mania without saying a word about it!

Akatosh

This could be interesting... one thing, though: You should really re-think that choice of font color, it's a little... less than readable.

Mister L

If you're using a verbcoin, why is the half of the screen still black as in Maniac Mansion?  ???

Danvzare

Quote from: Mister L on Sun 24/05/2009 18:55:55
If you're using a verbcoin, why is the half of the screen still black as in Maniac Mansion?  ???

I made the background for a scumm gui but decided to use a verbcoin instead and I didn't want to ruin the room by filling it in so I put the @overhotspot@ there

Quote from: NsMn on Sun 24/05/2009 17:33:51
Hey, Danzvare! You're using material from Maniac Mansion Mania without saying a word about it!

I didn't think many people would have heard about it and well i thought I would get in trouble I'll modify it

Quote from: SuperDre on Sun 24/05/2009 17:03:49
haha, this looks great.. can't wait to play it.. and I'm already hoping you will create a fulllength game soon.. ;)
This is going to be a short game but I have got a plan for a full length game but it's a good idea not to plan too far ahead

Quote from: Akatosh on Sun 24/05/2009 17:36:20
This could be interesting... one thing, though: You should really re-think that choice of font color, it's a little... less than readable.
It seems quite readable on the game I'll see about it

edit by darth - combined quadrupal post!  Please do not double/triple/quadrupal post :)

Khris

Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 25/05/2009 13:44:07
I made the background for a scumm gui [...]

I think it's only fair to show the amount of ripping that went down here.

(original backgrounds by Lucasfan)

The character is a slightly reworked MM Deluxe Dave.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk