Mental Repairs, Inc.

Started by Ali, Fri 22/05/2009 18:19:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

I just had a lot of fun playing a short freeware Wintermute game called Mental Repairs, Inc, made by Eshaktaar who created Murder In A Wheel with AGS. Turncoat though he may be, I thought I would recommend the game to anyone like me who missed it when it was released.

The game's puzzles are inventive, the script is witty and the graphical style is very polished. It can be downloaded from the developer's website.

I'm sorry if this is old news. If it is, please let me know if you've discovered any gems recently.

- Ali

Babar

Quote from: Ali on Fri 22/05/2009 18:19:16
made by Eshaktaar who created Murder In A Wheel with AGS.

Based on that, and despite the fact that it is a 65Mb Wintermute game, downloading now!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Igor Hardy

A really good game with superb production values (a link to my full review is on the game's page :) ). I had more fun with Murder in a Wheel though.

Stupot

Ahh, you reminded me... I started playing this game a couple of weeks ago, and totally forgot to carry on.
Very interesting concept, and a pretty game too.  I'll finish it soon.

Babar

Playing through it now, fun little game, but as mentioned, I also had more fun with Murder in a Wheel. Has got me thinking of the (differences in) capabilities of the Wintermute engine.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Eggie

I downloaded this when it came out!

And then.. never... installed it.

Hmmn..

Ali

Yes it's certainly in a different style to Murder in a Wheel, perhaps I should have mentioned. There does seem to be the reccuring theme of pet death, though.

Dave Gilbert

I had a lot of fun with this lil game.  One of the first Wintermute games to really show off the 2.5D capabilities of the engine.

Eggie

Okay, just finished it.
What a lovely, imaginative game.

Play_Pretend

I was totally loving this game...the graphics were incredible, the puzzles were fun, it was cool diagnosing the machines and helping them...I wanted it to be a lot longer!  And then-

Spoiler
It turned out to just be another "The cool adventure you're on is just a metaphor for fixing some childhood mental trauma." game.  *sigh*
[close]

Still, when I walked into the office and saw the computer desk, I was like "Ahh!  It's the MCP!" :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk