Sprite Jam 7/6 - 14/6 CATS!

Started by cat, Sun 07/06/2009 09:41:12

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Cats!

Have fun, and no backgrounds please as this is sprite jam.

loominous

An uncharacteristically early entry to get things rolling:

Looking for a writer

Misj'

Usually I stick to a single competition at a time (given the limited time that I have that's the only way to get things done). But since I happen to like cats I'll make an exception this time.

While brain-storming I decided to go for a TV-cartoon inspired look, and started to think about the looks of some of these cats.
Heathclif, TopCat, Sylvester (from Tweety), and Tom (from Jerry). Below are some initial sketches:

I was most comfortable with (and was most interested in) the final sketch which was somewhat Loony Tunes inspired:

I call him Chilly Pepper (because he's hot-hearted but loves to chill)

-- click for a larger version --

I have to continue working on my Background Blitz entry now (which is far from finished)...

IndieBoy

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Gilbert

Now, this is TEH topic that I can never resist. Unfortunately I don't have much time on hand so...

cat

Great entries so far! There are still some hours left if you want to enter too.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Gilbet V7000a on Sun 14/06/2009 09:29:08
Now, this is TEH topic that I can never resist. Unfortunately I don't have much time on hand so...

Ok I hate to do this... but i'm honestly staring at this... cat? but I can't seem to make out what it is. lol
Feel free to shoot me for my ignorance. :P

EDIT: I see the head, but I don't understand the anatomy of it's body.  Seems twisted and whacked out.  Perhaps it's all the brown thrown in there that prevents me from seeing the shape.
OR, I'm just taking crazy pills.

cat

Time to end this competition:

loominous: These cats show great character design, however, I wanted entries without background.

Misj': Well executed toon cat, nice pose.

IndieBoy: Nice pixlework, good choice of colours, however, the head looks more like a dog to me.

Gilbet: Weird pose, but I can clearly recognize it as cat

3rd: Gilbet
2nd: IndieBoy

and the winner is Misj'

Congratulations!

Misj'

Quote from: cat on Mon 15/06/2009 08:41:29
Misj': Well executed toon cat, nice pose.
and the winner is Misj'

Congratulations!

I'll come up with a new Sprite Jam shortly...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk