SUGGESTION: Game.GetFrameCountForLoop detecting "Run next" setting

Started by monkey0506, Fri 19/06/2009 05:47:24

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

In my experience the Game.GetFrameCountForLoop function does not detect the "Run next" setting for the loop at all. Presumably this is desirable. However, I was just wondering if it would be difficult for this to be automatically detected, perhaps by an optional parameter to avoid having to check if the loop exists, check the run next setting, and then finally sum up the frames for each of the included loops. If this is the same process the engine would ultimately have to use, then I guess you can just ignore this! :=

Of course, this does also make me question whether or not it would be desirable for such functionality to check if the specified loop is a "run next" loop itself... :-\ ...in the words of the Lolcats..."Iz confus."

Pumaman

Considering that there is no longer a limit on the number of frames per loop, I'd actually consider the "Run next loop" setting obsolete and only needed for backwards compatibility. Therefore, I don't currently plan on adding anything like this.

monkey0506

Oh...yes...of course. ::) In that case (since my script isn't going to be backwards compatible anyway) I will just explicitly state in the documentation that the "Run next" setting is ignored.

For anyone interested in what I'm working on, I'm updating my GUIAnimation module (per request). I'm currently 200 miles away from where the files are stored so don't have access, but once I'm home the update is virtually complete.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk