I Think I Have An Idea For RON Game

Started by Atrocious Toaster, Mon 29/06/2009 01:28:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrocious Toaster

:-[ I hope I'm not doing anything wrong... you know... as said on the FAQ on the RON site. This is also my first time with Adventure Game Studio, so I hope you understand.

It starts out with the usual sign, but I mean the game starts out with Davy Jones standing in the square waiting for the return of his older cousin, Terrence Jones, who also used black magic but gave it up to join the Reality Space Program, where they go through different dimensions. Terrence comes out, but he doesn't seem like Terrence... not more mature, just evil... and Davy doesn't think that it's Terrence. The terms doppelganger and dimensional vortex are used in this story, and inventory is key to finding out what happened!

I hope that's enough!  8)

DeviantGent

Nope, this is the right place for it. Sounds an interesting premise! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. If you need help with the engine or advice on resources/characters/stories, then feel free to ask. We're more than happy to help.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Atrocious Toaster

I originally intended to make a small character and kill him off, but I think I made Terrence to powerful a character, but that doesn't mean he's a villain yet or ever. Alas, I am bad at sprite design :( this is the best I came up with for his walk cycle, and I think he'll be too big for the screen  :P. So, if anyone could please create said character, I'll be nearly completely set for the game.

DeviantGent

My suggestion is to modify one of the existing character sprites - its easier than creating something from scratch, and will be consistant with the existing style of the other characters.

Right now, Terrence's main distinctions are green shirts and trousers (a jumpsuit I'm assuming), black shoes and blonde spiky hair. Shouldn't be too hard to modify the current Davy sprite for that, I'll see what I can do. Were there any other parts of his appearence/characteristics you'd thought of?
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Atrocious Toaster

Yeah, they're related, practice the same warlock-craftery, they're like twins... "6" years apart, but thanks to Einstein, he's now about 26, so he should also be taller. And when he uses spells, it's red lightning that shoots out his eyes. ???. Yeah, I know.

Atrocious Toaster

I can't find a GIF file of Davy Jones to edit into Terrence. And I only got to the welcome sign and the Town Square. I have to find out how to edit it so they're not that big, and I have to fix the script with Phil.

So A: A GIF file of all Davy's animations.

And B:... That's it.

VERY APPRECIATED, I'M NEW AT AGS THOUGH I'M NOT NEW TO SCRIPTING. := :=

musicMan

hey..... do you want a hand with music?  i'm willing to make your music for you.... any genre... :)
----------
musicMan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk