Mittens 2009: Have You Paid THE MASTER METER?

Started by Grundislav, Mon 06/07/2009 23:06:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Grundislav

Mittens 2009 came and went, and it was a success!

Thanks to everyone who came, drove, bared the heat, bared the rain, and generally made Mittens an amazing experience as always.

I didn't take any pictures, but I will try and get our incomplete movie edited together to make some form of sense as soon as I can.

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves, and that you all have safe trips home.  Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Francisco

Domino

Mittens is over already!!! As usual, looking forward to seeing the pictures when they come rolling in.

m0ds

Welcome back from...oh, well, where you always are, Grundy!

Welcome back others

Stupot

Sylpher

I am home and uploaded a couple pictures.

http://www.sylpher.com/photos.php?album=2

I'll add more a bit later. More rest.

Darth Mandarb

After many, many hours of travel I have arrived home safe and sound!

To those I'd met before, it was great to see you all again!

To the new-meeters; Scummbuddy, Sylpher, Pesty, Snarky, and Lackey it was great to meet you all!

If I forgot somebody it's due to lack of sleep, not lack of happiness at meeting you!  I will post pictures later ... after I pay the master meter.

MrColossal

Why hello,

Jess and I arrived home at like 4 pm eastern standard only to find that one of us left the overhead lamp on in the car so the batter was dead, HOORAY!

We will get pictures and videos at some point, at the let the body of mittens 09 get cold before we start posting it's memories...
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Miez

After being stuck behind 16 jets eager to take off on Atlanta airport (due to bad weather) I'm finally home. Had a total blast with all the Mitteneers. ;D I will upload pictures soon.

m0ds

Yahtzee went??!!!

LOL, sorry Creed :P

But wait! Are there two Adam  Hay's??!

arghhhh my head!1

Andail

Yay, you're back!

It now struck me that I have missed as many mittens as I have attended! Sadness!

I demand plenty of pictures, especially of people rarely seen before, like Snarky.

Becky

The MASTER METER has been paid and Adamski and I got back at 1:30pm BST and crashed asleep for a bit but now I am awake and preparing to upload 500+ photos.

Thanks for hosting Grundislav, it was awesomely amazingly fun, even if I am sure I sweated three times my own body weight of sweat into your deathcar!  To everyone else new and old, it was great to see you all, thanks for making this Mittens a wholly brilliant experience!  I hope to see you all again :)

Pesty

I returned home last night and I am still stupid from the heat. It was awesome meeting those I haven't met before and awesome seeing all those I have. All was fun.

Grund, I hate your car and your state's weather and mosquitos. I'm so happy to back in the correct altitude and temperature, even though I have a cold (thanks a lot, Europeans!!!) and my head is ringing from coming so far up from sea level. Still, it was all well worth the bites, bruises, cuts, and cold!

I look forward to seeing a million pictures and videos!
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Esseb

After a miserable turbulent flight I somehow managed to sleep throughout and several hours sitting in a plane on the tarmac at Heathrow I'm finally back home. I kind of miss the freezing air-conditioning in restaurants and stores already, but being able to stay outside for more than an hour without dying makes up for it.

It was nice meeting you all again, and it was nice meeting the few I hadn't seen before also. Hope I get to see you again next year, wherever that may be. Holland?

PS: Upload pictures, people.

Vince Twelve

Quote from: Esseb on Tue 07/07/2009 18:58:52
Hope I get to see you again next year, wherever that may be. Holland?

One of these years I will get you people to let me host in Japan.  Just because I don't live there anymore (though I still own a house there) doesn't mean I wouldn't host a killer island Mittens with karaoke and sushi and t-shirts containing ridiculous English mistakes.

PS: Upload pictures, people.

Seconded!  And with more captions!  I still don't know who half the people in the pics are!

Finkenstein

As eric said we had an uneventful trip home, I miss everyone so much already!
I was looking through the crowds at the airport sighting Phantom mitteneers!
It was wonderful and so much fun, some of the best times I've ever had. It was excellent to finally meet people I have known face to face and to giggle it up with the ones I already met, I can't wait for next year already! Thank you 10 times to Grund for Hosting and to Jeremy, CJ and Mills for carting everyone around all week.

HOWEVER I am disappointed we didn't have time to play the traditional 100 blank white cards for the last day of Mittens! SO I made some of my own.
Feel free to make some yourself! Maybe next year we can print them out and play them for reals.

Pictures to come!!

Sylpher

Those are superb, Finkenstein!

It was a wonderful experience all around. Too bad I felt like garbage the whole time. I'll try to add more pictures today, and I will go back and update them with a side note of who is who.

Andail

You all make it sounds like Mittens was in the Amazon jungle or something.

What? No 1000 blank cards?? I sure hope you had a proper Mittolympics, or mittens has truly degenerated over the years...

Adamski

Oh hey, I'm awake! And alive, after hobbling back through London.

Still groggy and trying to caption an impossible amount of photograhps, so full reminiscing will occur later. All I can say is that I laughed so hard I got a sore throat, and then laughed so hard in the pool I swallowed gallons of water and got the other part of my throat infected, and then laughed some more until my lungs seized up. Illness can be fun!

Thanks to Francisco for hosting the whole massive, amazing event, and for driving us around everywhere in the Deathcar. It was great to finally meet Pete and Sylpher who I've known online for ages, as well as Snarky who's also a forum veteran. It was 100% fun times and I really will make it my goal to not leave it another 5 years before seeing the folks who were at Mittens 2004 again!

Photos will be arriving later today, no doubt.

Becky

Hehe, those cards are amazing!  I am getting through the photos slowly but surely!

Pumaman

I have also returned, and never before has the cool miserable British weather seemed so refreshing!!

Thanks to Francisco for hosting, and to everyone for coming. It was great fun as usual!
And it's lucky we didn't play 1KBWC because it looks like Jess would have won by default!!

I didn't really take any photos this year... as I'm sure you all noticed I spent lots of time running around bugging you guys with the camcorder instead. I'll try and get something edited together over the next few weeks, but in the meantime here's the most important scene of the week:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/temp/QueenBurning.avi

Ahhh, patriotism.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk