Mittens IX pre-planning

Started by Disco, Sun 12/07/2009 05:54:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho

Just the opposite, Mr. Jet... We are so friends that we know we can have a fiendly chat without having hard feelings and stuff like that! ^_^
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Disco

Quote from: jetxl on Sun 12/07/2009 17:20:42
Is there something wrong between you two?

He touch me inappropriately in the car! :P

Mills does have some good points about people swaying the results and not showing up, I think most of the discussion tends to stay in the regulars with a few potentials here and there. Also, there is no rush to have it either place, one of the two will eventually show up in years to come :D I just meant for us to have another go at discussing to see what everyone thought.

Becky

Italy is a lovely country, I've been there before and would love to see more of it :)  Plenty of places to stay, locations to choose from, etc.  Not having a native Italian speaker may be a handicap, but it'd also force us to brush up our Italian a bit?

I've never been to Holland, which is also a plus for me, I'd like to visit! :)  Local AGSers does help a lot, I'm sure we'd find somewhere great to stay anyway.

Both are pretty easy to get to from here as well :P

I am for either, or both! :D

m0ds

Both locations sound great. I'd be able to attend either. Italy would be the greater choice for myself, because I've been to Holland a lot, and probably going to Amsterdam in a couple of months too. But I like Mills point about Holland being what was decided at Mittens Miami, and that he stresses this kind of choice "at the event" is really the fairest, simplest way to get the decision made without lengthy threads about who what why etc. It's nice when such tradition is continued :) I'm assuming it will undoubtedly end up in Holland next year, and that's more than okay with me. It will be fun with whoever's there as it always is! Italy would be much more romantic - but who am I kidding? Romance with 20 guys? EUGH! I'll take the copius amounts of weed option :P It would though mean I could walk around in Ben Jordan 7 tho and that'd be great :D Both places are incredibly cheap for me though which is always the deciding factor on whether I go. Going to Holland would open up some nice possiblities for us travelling from the UK, like a road trip, in which I get really drunk and high in the back of Layabouts car...AGAIN  8) Only this time I'm gonna puke in it too ya beestard!  :=

Looking forward to Mittens 20-10, sponsors of the Mittolympics 2012.

Oh, and FruitTree was organising a Dittens for this year which was Amsterdam so don't forget to get his help for Holland if it happens :)

Nacho

Becky, I think italian shouldn't be a problem for the Spanish talkers like Lore, Francisco, me... And Chris Jones! :D We could do the interpretation task...  :)

bicilotti

Mamma mia, did someone say Italy?  :)

Did you have something in mind (like north or south or a particular place)?

Nacho

I *think* that if we decide Italy, Toscana should be a good option... Th problem is that nobody decided anything, yet. (well, in Mittens we decided Netherlands, but apparently there was not the required "quórum").

Disco

Yeah we are just trying to establish the country first and decide the finer details later, but from what I've seen and read the middle to northern part of the country seems to suite our needs best and just generally seems to be more farmy and more open to summer renters.

bicilotti

Quote from: Nacho on Sun 12/07/2009 19:22:52
I *think* that if we decide Italy, Toscana should be a good option... Th problem is that nobody decided anything, yet. (well, in Mittens we decided Netherlands, but apparently there was not the required "quórum").

Quote from: Disco on Sun 12/07/2009 19:31:13
Yeah we are just trying to establish the country first and decide the finer details later, but from what I've seen and read the middle to northern part of the country seems to suite our needs best and just generally seems to be more farmy and more open to summer renters.

Yes, yes, I wasn't trying to take side in the quarrel :)
Just keep in mind that the italian boot is thin 'n' tall, and a, e.g. Mittens.Tuscany != Mittens.Sicily.

Andail

It would like to add that the tradition of picking next year's mittens during a mittens meeting should yield to the benefits of being able to discuss it between more people and for a longer period of time.
After all, neither second nor third mittens were planned during meetings.

And with this, I cast my vote on Italy.

I encourage everyone who hasn't been to Amsterdam to go there, but for Mittens Italy just feels better for some reason.

Darth Mandarb

I would be okay with either location.  As Grundy stated, Italy has been on the top of my "to visit" list for many years!  But, like Mills said ... we did, at mittens, discuss Holland.  I could go either way!  Much of Amulet of Kings takes place in Italy so I wouldn't mind doing some research while at Mittens ;)

Stee

I would consider Holland if it gets decided, I get my passport sorted and I have funds next year. Holland can be quite cheap for us Brits to travel too. Thats if anyone would be interested in having me there. As long as I'm allowed one afternoon to try those special cakes they make.

Although I wouldn't consider my vote a serious contribution, since I've never been to Mittens or Brittens before, and am hardly a reliable person.
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

bicilotti

Quote from: Stee on Sun 12/07/2009 20:34:13
I would consider Holland if [...] I get my passport sorted [...]

I think you won't need a passport to travel within the UE, just a simple ID. Or am I wrong?

Pet Terry

Hi, not sure if anyone remembers me anymore, but just wanted to weigh in and cast my vote on Italy. For me personally Italy is one of the countries I've wanted to travel to for a long time and Mittens there would be great. Getting there from the northern countries shouldn't even be very expensive. If the rent of the villa/house was reasonable, I'd do my damn best to go.

Obviously this is way too early to say "I'm going!", but I'd definitely much rather go to Italy than Holland. Also Croatia (as suggested by Gary) would be a great country to have Mittens in. Let's hope I will be very rich next summer... I am "rich" now, but wasn't when it was time to decide whether to go to Mittens Miami or not. Bah!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Pesty

I definite like both locations, though Italy appeals to me a little more (sorry, Holland!). Hopefully by then I'll have some sort of stability that'll allow me to go outside of the country (a passport wouldn't hurt either, I suppose). I'm sick of missing meetins!
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Nacho

Who are you Pet Terry? And why have you stolen Petteri's avatar???

Ishmael

Mittens in Europe again and another Finn on the way, I'd definitely be there given I'll get rich by then. Which will hopefully happen.

Either location's fine, I haven't been anywhere so I'll gladly go see what places are like on that account.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Dualnames

Quote from: bicilotti on Sun 12/07/2009 18:59:08
Mamma mia, did someone say Italy?  :)

Did you have something in mind (like north or south or a particular place)?

No local? Hey, I know italian, close to Greece, Bici is there, it can happen!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Snarky

I actually thought Croatia sounded really exciting. Partly because I've already been to the Netherlands and to Italy (both are nice, wouldn't mind going back), and partly because I've always heard that Croatia has an amazing coastline.

Having someone local to organize things and provide logistics seemed very helpful this year--I don't know how you've arranged things in the past and how that has worked out. That'd really be my only concern with Italy (and Mills' point about sticking to the decision-making process).

I would be OK with whatever, and couldn't say for sure that I could come anyway, so feel free to ignore me.

Nacho

Dual, your point is not very valid...

OR... if valid, it's a huge CON for Netherlands...

Because MANY people in AGS knows Dutch, and many AGSers are not only close to there, but THERE.

But I don't want to go on being NL advocate... I like both :) If we go to Toscana I will bring my bike...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk