TEMPLATE: 9-verb MI-style 1.6.4 - Last update: 4th April 2019

Started by abstauber, Thu 17/09/2009 16:16:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

abstauber, could you upload a fixed version please? Thing is I included it to 3.3.4 installation. I will have to add a correct template to the package (or return the older version).

abstauber

Most certainly! I just wanted to make sure that inventory bug isn't related to the template.

Here's the fixed version... and yes I tried to compile it this time without any last minute changes ;)
http://shatten.sonores.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/9-verb-MI-style_15_RC2.zip

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: abstauber on Thu 17/09/2009 16:16:37
Downloads
AGS 3.2 and later (compiled with AGS 3.3.3)
Most recent version:
http://shatten.sonores.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/9-verb-MI-style_15_RC2.zip

I found this template is compiled with 3.3.4, and it can be opened in 3.3.3, but not in 3.2.

Crimson Wizard

Alright, I found what was wrong with tobulos1's project.

Thing is that AGS does define "character", "inventory" etc arrays only if there are characters and inventory items, because it cannot declare array of 0 size.
To fix the problem, create at least 1 inventory item.

I will think how we may improve this to prevent such cases in the future.

tobulos1

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 21/07/2015 10:32:22
Alright, I found what was wrong with tobulos1's project.

Thing is that AGS does define "character", "inventory" etc arrays only if there are characters and inventory items, because it cannot declare array of 0 size.
To fix the problem, create at least 1 inventory item.

I will think how we may improve this to prevent such cases in the future.

Oh my, thank you! That certainly did the trick! I just had to create one inventory item and I was all set! Thank you so much Crimson :)

Crimson Wizard

Abstauber, I found another bug: in older versions of this template chatacter would walk closer to another to talk to him. Now it starts conversation right away, from a distance.

abstauber

Hey CW,
this shouldn't be a bug. Earlier on in this thread a user complained about the default behavior you've described. So I added an option to control this.
Code: ags

//guiscript.asc
bool approachCharInteract       = false;  // walk to character before starting interaction

It's also mentioned in the changelog in guiscript.ash.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: abstauber on Tue 25/08/2015 07:20:44
Hey CW,
this shouldn't be a bug. Earlier on in this thread a user complained about the default behavior you've described. So I added an option to control this.
Oh, I see; well, that is a relief.
Although I would rather suggest to keep original behavior by default, because users will likely expect that.

Crimson Wizard

Found bug: for 3.4 version scrolling mouse wheel causes active option to be run.

abstauber

mea culpa (once again). I'll fix this right away.
edit:
Here's this fix until I'll upload the new version.

dialogscript.asc:
old

info.RunActiveOption();

new
  if (button != eMouseWheelSouth && button != eMouseWheelNorth) info.RunActiveOption();

abstauber

Okay, a few days have passed and no more new bugs have been discovered yet, I decided to call version 1.5 stable ;)

http://shatten.sonores.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/9-verb_MI-style_15.zip
The GitHub repo has also been cleaned up, thanks again for your input, CW.

lucasio6

Hi there.

I have a question about the door system in the 9 verb template. I tried to follow the instructions of the 9Verbs.pdf manual but could not find an answer. (I am not actually making a game - I am just playing around.)

I set up 2 rooms and a door to connect the two rooms. However, only the door in room 1 works and I can't find out why the one in room 2 does not work. The gui correctly displays "open" when I point at the hotspot but nothing happens on right-click. Also, the default message is not displayed when I tell the CHAR to look at the hotspot.

Room 2 script:
// room script file

function room_FirstLoad()
{
 // close door on startup when entering the room (0 = closed; 1 = open; 2 = closed & locked)
 set_door_state(21, 0);
 init_object(21, oDoor.ID);
}

function hDoor_AnyClick()
{ 
     if (any_click_on_door_special(21, oDoor.ID, 75, 175, eDir_Left, 1, 280, 260, eDir_Down, null, null, 4, 0)==0) Unhandled();

}

I double checked that the hotspot is called 'hDoor' and the object is called 'oDoor'.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Lucasio6

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: lucasio6 on Thu 22/10/2015 15:19:21
the hotspot is called 'hDoor' and the object is called 'oDoor'.

Sorry I don't have the template's code with me right now. Will try to help later.

lucasio6

So I found the problem.

AGS did not (always) recognize/execute the script for the door hotspot in room 2 because I had not manually set the function in the 'events' tab for the hotspot. Instead, I had copied the script from room 1 to room 2 directly into the 'room script'. (roll)
Does this make sense?

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: lucasio6 on Fri 23/10/2015 11:38:25
So I found the problem.

AGS did not (always) recognize/execute the script for the door hotspot in room 2 because I had not manually set the function in the 'events' tab for the hotspot. Instead, I had copied the script from room 1 to room 2 directly into the 'room script'. (roll)
Does this make sense?

Yes it does. Sorry for not being able to look into this.

abstauber

*Push*
New version. See the first post for details.

LogicPort

Hello is there an actual scene template using this, as I am having a lot of trouble integrating
this package? tyvm Note: I am trying to use this in the unity version for adventure Creator. It works
to a certain extent but I cannot figure out how to set it up properly. any help is appreciated.

abstauber

Are you sure,AGS templates work in unity? Nonetheless I've never worked with unity or AC itself, so I'm afraid I won't be any help.
What do you mean by this?
Quote from: LogicPort on Thu 18/02/2016 17:01:22
It works to a certain extent but I cannot figure out how to set it up properly
What parts of the template worked in AC?

LogicPort

It works as far as displaying on the bottom, but I am having trouble figuring out how to set it all
up so that it actually works. I'm sure it is just my lack of knowledge of such. I get no hot spot info
when hovering nor anything happening.

Crimson Wizard

LogicPort, could you explain, how do you import AGS template into Adventure Creator (Unity)?
Is there any information by AC author(s) about importing AGS templates into their system?

For starters I would find out if AGS scripts can work in AC at all, because these scripts are backbone of the template.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk