MAGS October: Steampunk! (Winner Announced)

Started by Dualnames, Wed 30/09/2009 15:41:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbob

Yer, I do try to get all the graphics done before the coding, I guess that's my problem  ;)

Couple of characters...
Current Project: A Hard Day's Knight

Ubel

Dualnames

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 13/10/2009 18:51:08
Quote from: Jimbob on Tue 13/10/2009 18:19:00
I really wanna make something for this competition but I very much doubt it will be done before the month is out, but I've already mapped out the puzzles, characters and such like... then again, I've still not got far enough with my other 'first' AGS game. Damn having all these ideas!  :-\
Jimbob, I made a MAGS game in 5 days last time :)
1st day - planning story & puzzles, writing notes on paper (it was weekend and I wasn't at home to use my computer);
2nd day - scripting, drawn sketches to use as backgrounds;
3rd day - more scripting, fixing bugs, testing etc;
4th day - drawn 1st background;
5th day - drawn two more backgrounds, drawn inventory sprites, revamped Roger sprites to make it be slightly different from default :P; uploaded game.

It did not win though ;D

I made my winning MAGS entry in 10 ten days, it had no competition though..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Pinback

Just noticed this comp, and I decided to enter. I've never used AGS before, plus I plan to draw complex custom graphics for everything, and compose all the music. Crazy? perhaps.
Only time will tell.

discordance

Well, I sure hope you pull it off! I'd love to see a game from you.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Pinback on Sun 18/10/2009 14:21:12
Just noticed this comp, and I decided to enter. I've never used AGS before, plus I plan to draw complex custom graphics for everything, and compose all the music. Crazy? perhaps.
Only time will tell.

Uh-oh.... now we have a serious concurrence here :P

FSi++

I am hereby introducing my newest AGS title, made specifically for this current MAGS competition:

Ted McBinky and His Steam Engine

Screenshot, AGS Games DB page and proper announce, hopefully, tomorrow.

upd: Fixed the link.

Bulbapuck

Quote from: FSi on Thu 22/10/2009 18:11:44
I am hereby introducing my newest AGS title, made specifically for this current MAGS competition:

Screenshot, AGS Games DB page and proper announce, hopefully, tomorrow.
Congratulations on completion :) But the link seems to be broken works now :D

will edit after playing

cat

Here is my first finished AGS game. It is a non-adventure game called "Steamsquares".

Thanks to DutchMarco for hosting!

Download here!
User = ags
Password = ags

Now with direct http access (no password required):
http://77.163.184.124/ags/Steamsquares.zip

New Link (as of 13th September, 2010):
http://www.fileupyours.com/view/285513/Steamsquares.zip

Edit: The crosspipes work like normal horizontal or vertical pipes but you can choose which way you use them. They are some kind of joker.

NsMn

Ryan Timothy B

Ahh. it's fixed, never mind. :P

cat

Just fixed the link, sorry, didn't get the ftp right.

Pinback

Here's a preview of my MAGS entry. Three days left to go, I got no time for sleep!

I'll be posting my entry proper at the last possible minute.

Crimson Wizard

OMG, pinback, I wish you were making graphics for my game   ;D

Helme

Quote from: FSi on Thu 22/10/2009 18:11:44

Just finished it. Very strange game...

SomeSickSelf

Pinback, that artwork's outstanding.  Here's hoping you've got puzzles and story to match.

Looks like we're going to have quite a competition this month.  I'm super excited about this theme and the games are all looking really good so far (although I haven't actually had a chance to play them yet).

My entry's very nearly finished, I might even get it done before the deadline this time XD.

Dualnames

Some competition there!! Nice pic there btw..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Pinback

Thanks guys, I sure hope you'll try my game.
It's definitely much more than a few pretty backgrounds, but it has plenty of those too:D

tzachs

Damn, it will be hard competing with a bg like this...  :o
I will still put my entry though, if (and it's a big if) I'll make it in time....

Helme

@Dual

Do you know the all-time record for entries on a MAGS competition?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk