MAGS October: Steampunk! (Winner Announced)

Started by Dualnames, Wed 30/09/2009 15:41:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Two day extension given all games to the 27th. Those already posted if you want you can add / change more but please do tell it!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

tzachs

Hooray! Thanks Dual...  :D

It means that my game will have music after all...

Pinback

Whew, that's a relief. Now I got some time off to eat! YES!!!

Helme

Eating is so overrated. Coffee should be the only source of energy if you're in a MAGS competition  ;D

Leon

@SomeSickSelf:

DEAD END WARNING:
Spoiler

- You can order water twice but only using the hanky once. When you have the second glass of water you can't leave the bar anymore..

Other:

- There's no feedback when you pick up things.
- The empty stool stays empty, even when you sit on it
- After using the empty mug on the blowpipe, you have an empty mug on a blowpipe and a blowpipe.
- After leaving the room with the blowpipe, you put it back, but stays in your inventory.
- Upon leaving the bar, you ask for the Sunday Special again?
- After removing the key and looking at the oven again, there's still a key on the back wall.
- Using the exit after wetting the hanky, makes you leave with stool... quite funny..  ;D
- After taking the key and removing the glass, upon leaving the room you want to return the blowpipe...again. Then it isremoved from your inventory.
- Typo in conversation with Salomon: Tobais' work --> Tobias' work
- The hammer keeps returning on the bar.
- The glassfactory and the steelworks have no exit-indicators.

[close]

btw, what font did you use? It's quite small but still good to read.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Helme

@Discordance

I solved some puzzles, but I still have no idea how to save the game. Now, I'm stuck again.

Spoiler
I'm at the mashine under the library. I refueled it and put books into the slot. But when I use the switch it seems like I forgot something.
[close]

SomeSickSelf

@Leon/Helme:

Dang, guess I should find myself a tester, thanks for all the feedback.  In my defense a lot of the aesthetic issues were left as is just so I get on with the rest of the game.  Still, I'll have to address these problems as soon as possible now that the extension's been approved (check the game post for patch updates I suppose).

The dialog font is custom made with Radiant's font editor.  I'm glad you found it readable, because that was one of my bigger concerns about the game (it's kind of dialog heavy after all).

discordance

Quote from: Helme on Sun 25/10/2009 15:50:02

I solved some puzzles, but I still have no idea how to save the game. Now, I'm stuck again.

This would be because I suck and didn't even think to add a save button.  :-\  Feels kinda stupid. The keyboard shortcut should still work, I forget what it is though. F5 maybe?

Spoiler

And after you've flipped the lever there should be one more thing you have to do. Did the machine say something?
[/quote]
[close]

frogking

After eternal lurking, I'm also entering this round with my first game (ta-daa):

Download: Steam Trek: Clueless around Risa

It's a bit on the short side but I hope you enjoy. Just noticed there is an extension ...  but ... nooooo ... I don't want to have to continue working on this next week ;)

All graphics rendered with POV-Ray, guaranteed free of handpainted
pixels. I just wish I had picked a round with less competition :P

Hmm and so many entries ... not sure if I can play those in time for voting ...

Helme

@Discordance

Nope, F5 doesn't work.

Spoiler
No, the mashine did not talk to me.
[close]

discordance

Have you tried hitting random function keys until something useful happens?  ;) Sorry, I'll make a new version with an actual save button as soon as I can.

Anyway, what you're describing might just be a bug, though it's always worked for me. Huh. Try

Spoiler
using the harpsichord again?
[close]

Helme

@Discordance

I'll try again, when I get my save button ;)

@frogking

A StarTrek Steampunk-parody - cool idea ;D

frogking

I seem to be doubly stuck already ...

@FSi

Spoiler
I talked to the mayor and the voodoo guy who told me to meet him under the fountain but have no idea how to get there (inventory is still empty)
[close]

@Discordance

Spoiler
Still looking for something to connect to basket+rope. Can't get the "loose" brick and none of the inkstands
[close]

(or @Helme, you seem to have passed this point after your first question)

discordance

@frogking

Spoiler
There's something in the professor's lab that may help you. Sorry, it's a bit of a pixel hunt.
[close]

frogking

Thanks, found it. Unfortunately, found a crash as well:

globalscript line 53 MoveCharacterBlocking crashes while
character is disabled and can't be moved.

Spoiler
Occured in the Hotspot 1 (?) scene (jail) after
turning on the computer when clicking with the mouse
[close]

Now I too wait for the version with Save Game :P

Dualnames

24 hours exactly after this post, all games must be added, because I'll start the voting round. Please do start playing all the entries otherwise there won't be much time. The voting will end when the day is 31th. I do please require from all competitors to think of a theme, in case they win, so when the voting ends, I'm expecting a pm from the winner with the rules. I've given probably the biggest deadline ever on a MAGS,but that means we have to hurry some stuff.

EDIT: Do inform me if you patch your game, by posting a reply telling "I patched the game change the download link on MAGS site", or by pm.

Also added entries so far in no particular order on the first post of this topic! Oh, and where's Tijne btw?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

FSi++

Quote from: frogking on Sun 25/10/2009 20:19:06
@FSi

Spoiler
I talked to the mayor and the voodoo guy who told me to meet him under the fountain but have no idea how to get there (inventory is still empty)
[close]

Spoiler
You need to "unlock" and "open" the fountain. With a "key".
[close]

Helme

@frogking

I'm stuck.

Spoiler
I fetched all the stuff from the container, used the flair on the comm system, removed one of the panels and found the star map in the library. What should I do next?
[close]

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 26/10/2009 08:12:59
24 hours exactly after this post, all games must be added

Does this mean around 8 am GMT?

Dualnames

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk