MAGS October: Steampunk! (Winner Announced)

Started by Dualnames, Wed 30/09/2009 15:41:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Ok then, I'll be working all night and see if I can get it done. Yet it doesn't look like I wanted.... but perhaps the reason is I am being too lazy  ;)

tzachs

The Energizer

The year- 1902.
England and France are at war.
The English invented a machine called 'energizer' (not related to the energizer bunny  ;) ), the machine that will give them the advantage they needed to win the war.
They hide this machine in a desolated place, and hand you the job of keeping it safe.
But when one of the scientists there die, all hell breaks loose...

Download it here.

Features:
Four different endings!
A hero in his pajamas!
A bagpipe!
No puzzles in this game require the use of a key (hint hint, FSI  ;) )

More details in the game thread in the Completed Games Announcements.

frogking

@Helme

1st hint
Spoiler
You need to find out about a place where you should go from Risa
[close]

2nd hint
Spoiler
The information is located in the open access panel
[close]

Solution
Spoiler
The name of the manufacturers planet is on a plaque, you need to use that with the star map to look it up.
[close]

Pinback

Trial of the Schnellersparrow

Mechanobots. Steam engines. Lots of sepia. Witness the marvels of the industrial revolutions through the eyes of Thomas Reese,
a man whose mild mannered demeanor belies a crafty intelligence.

I want to post a dozen more tasty screenshots, but that'd be gay. Plus Im about to collapse.

http://www.onedollarproductions.co.uk/uploads/TotS_v3.0.zip

Made everything for this from scratch.
The only exception is all the music, which I composed over the last few months.

Pinback

oops

frogking

@FSi

Spoiler
I seem to be one key short. Used up the keys from rug, safe, wolf & bush. Maybe I need the one from the blacksmith but I didn't find a way
[close]

bicilotti

Trouble downloading yours, Pinback... or mediafire is failing me :(

OneDollar

Quote from: bicilotti on Mon 26/10/2009 20:46:56
Trouble downloading yours, Pinback... or mediafire is failing me :(

Same here.

(Four games down, two to go...)

Pinback

I changed the filehost, hopefully it'll work now.

Damn, cant believe just a week ago I was asking how to display text...

Helme

@Frogking

Finished your game. I certainly enjoyed the amount of unnecessary violence  ;D

@pinback

Nice entry. I'm not sure if i missed something in the story or if I have found bugs.

Spoiler
If you use the resin to stop the hot air the game won't remember if you leave the room.
I built a tabulator card and used it, but later it was gone.
[close]

discordance

Updated the link, now it is actually possible to save the game. How exciting. Also removed that bug at the end. Sorry, frogking, that was the end.  :(

bicilotti

Quote from: discordance on Tue 27/10/2009 00:05:35
Updated the link, now it is actually possible to save the game. How exciting. Also removed that bug at the end. Sorry, frogking, that was the end.  :(

Maybe I downloaded the game too early (just after seeing this post), but *still* I can't save and have encountered the same bug as Helme.

I smell a ++ and then a == instead of a > ?

discordance

I actually downloaded the game from the link I posted, and there's definitely a little save button on the top. I updated my original post before making that one, so I have no idea why it's gone wrong for you.  ???

bicilotti

Quote from: discordance on Tue 27/10/2009 01:41:35
I actually downloaded the game from the link I posted, and there's definitely a little save button on the top. I updated my original post before making that one, so I have no idea why it's gone wrong for you.  ???

maybe the lack of coke/caffeine. Works now No. I don't know what I'm doing wrong... maybe I'm just too tired.

discordance

Maybe I've just lost my mind. Maybe mediafire is doing its darndest to screw everyone over. Hopefully it will all make sense in the morning.

Crimson Wizard

Sorry to make all those notes here; in sake of keeping informed those who are interested: I was working really hard tonight, and had a very good progress, nearly done actually. Since I still have some time (about 5.5 hours, if I am correct), I am going to rest a little bit and then finish and upload whatever it will be (even with screwed up graphics and lots of bugs).

Good thing I have my real work at home today *wink* *wink*

If I will not win afterwards, I'll murder everyone involved in gruesome manner; police will find me sleeping deeply

discordance

Ryan Timothy B

I seem to be having issues with Pinback's choice in hosting his files.   :-\
I haven't received the url to download it from filehosting.org.

Oh my goodness.  Just after posting this, I decided to check my junk mail, just in case.  Yep.  It was in there.
tsk tsk hotmail.  :P

FSi++

Quote from: frogking on Mon 26/10/2009 20:32:21
@FSi

Spoiler
I seem to be one key short. Used up the keys from rug, safe, wolf & bush. Maybe I need the one from the blacksmith but I didn't find a way
[close]

Spoiler

There is a key somewhere in Leo's hut.
[close]

Babar

Whew...with about 3 hours to spare, I give you:

Samarkand

I'm thankful that while Helme set this month's theme as "Steampunk", he gave a liberal definition of it in the rules. Because this game is definitely not traditional Steampunk :D.

You are a traveller in the city of Samarkand in the 13th century. The city has blossomed using Music (specifically String) Technology. Enjoy!

PS: There are certain points you can die in this game. So remember you F5(save)!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk