MAGS October: Steampunk! (Winner Announced)

Started by Dualnames, Wed 30/09/2009 15:41:31

Previous topic - Next topic

tzachs

@Babar: LOL... Ok, here it is:
Spoiler

When you go inside the house of the inventor, there's an inner room, which you can only go into once...
If you try to go again the hero will say it's not safe for him to enter. So far so good...
Now, I took the strings and played it near the pond, and then I died.
After you die, you have an option to restart, so I did. I then played it again from the start, but when I went to the house of the inventor, and tried to get to the inner room he said it wasn't safe, like I've been there before, but I haven't, I restarted...
[close]

abstauber

Crimson Wizard

Updated my game to version 1.2. Couple of rare bugs fixed, plus a number of cosmetic changes.
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/69248/OneOfAKind_1_2.zip
Mirror link:
http://www.onedollarproductions.co.uk/hosted/OneOfAKind_1_2.zip

Crimson Wizard

I am having troubles with Pinback's "Schnellersparow Trial". Can't understand how to get the eyepiece from telescope. Tried every tool I have.
Game is hotspot-difficult by the way. Lots of stuff around and you don't know which is interactable.

Crimson Wizard

Okay, I finished: "Samarkand", "Ted Ted McBinky", "Steamsquares" (few times ;)), "The Chronomancers" and "Steam Trek".

I cannot download "The Energizer" (download halts in the middle).
I am stuck in the "Trial of the Schnellersparrow" (can't get eyepiece from telescope and don't understand what to do next).

So now I a going to play "Ex Machina", since nothing else left at the moment.

arj0n

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 28/10/2009 21:56:42
Yep, TheEnergizer.exe is corrupt...

tzachs

Quote from: [ Arj0n ] on Wed 28/10/2009 22:15:30
Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 28/10/2009 21:56:42
Yep, TheEnergizer.exe is corrupt...

Wow, that's super weird! I actually downloaded it after I uploaded the last version and it was ok, but now it stopped working...

anyways, here's another link.

david

So far nice entries  ;D aaaand a lot :P

Some Ive finished
some not

Ex Machina: i cannot exit the bar need to return the glass, but HOW (it drives on my nerves)
Trial: the same as crimson - stuck

but overall a lot of effort youve put there guys and each game has its own atmosphere
really enjoyable
congratulations  ;)

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: david on Thu 29/10/2009 06:46:03
Ex Machina: i cannot exit the bar need to return the glass, but HOW (it drives on my nerves)

Have you tried

Spoiler
Soaking your handkerchief in water?
[close]

david

ThreeOhFour

Spoiler
after you soak the handkerchief it should say "You put the glass back on the bar" and you should be able to click the stool and then click the exit to leave.
[close]

david

david

Quote from: david on Thu 29/10/2009 07:42:58
Quote from: Ben304 on Thu 29/10/2009 07:21:16
Spoiler
after you soak the handkerchief it should say "You put the glass back on the bar" and you should be able to click the stool and then click the exit to leave.
[close]

I did this
Spoiler
after taking the hot glass from the furnace came back to the bar noticed that there one man had gone away and the hammer is sitting on the counter instead, so i took it returned to the room with the furnace, used the chisel whith the hammer to break it, still needed it cool off, so returned to bar, ordered the glass of water soaked the hanky wanted to leave but without any chance, tried to place the glass back on the counter, still in my inventory, but in my inv is also the empty glass, could be this the problem?
[close]

ThreeOhFour

Oh well, I did it a different way around...

Spoiler
Took key from furnace with glass + blowpipe, went to bar, got water and put hanky in water, took wet hanky back to glassblowers and put on the hot key + glass, then picked it up and used hammer + chisel to break it
[close]

Maybe it is a bug then?

Pinback

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 28/10/2009 17:17:36
I am having troubles with Pinback's "Schnellersparow Trial". Can't understand how to get the eyepiece from telescope. Tried every tool I have.
Game is hotspot-difficult by the way. Lots of stuff around and you don't know which is interactable.

Hmm that happened to me in one of my tests but never again, it's a mystery. I suggest you try searching the robust barrel in the control room.

abstauber

Argh, Pinback! I've finished your "game" too.

Why haven't you just spend more time in the feedback, the player gets when he does something stupid. The way it is now, it's soo linear (and sometimes not very logic). And that's a shame! The story, the graphics, the atmosphere... all that could have been... Well, this is not the right spot for a review. But if you should really plan a re-release after this mags is over ;)

Anyway, the immersion is excellent. It has been a long time, since I've experienced such a great atmosphere.

Leon

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Leon

Quote from: Pinback on Thu 29/10/2009 08:07:25
Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 28/10/2009 17:17:36

Hmm that happened to me in one of my tests but never again, it's a mystery. I suggest you try searching the robust barrel in the control room.

For some reason I'm able to get Fuchs outside of the blimp but them I'm stuck. I can't go back inside again and I don't have the telescope part. Is it really needed to finish?
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

david

It is a pity that the chronomances does not have a save button...I really like the "Mordy- ish" style  ;D ;D like duty and beyond

abstauber

@Leon: tell me how the spoiler tags work and I'll tell you     I have it, thanks David!

Spoiler

Before you cut the blimp free, you  have to get that telescope part and turn it into a flare. For that you also need the magnesium beside the telescope.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk