old mittens thread

Started by , Thu 06/02/2003 15:00:06

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

the dates for mittens 2003 is
Monday 28th July to Friday 1st August 2003

So you think you're cool? Think you're l33t? Then why haven't you signed up for Mittens 2003 yet!!?

If you plan on coming to Mittens this year, then visit the website: http://www.mittens.cjb.net and sign up.

I'm getting this done early so Andail and myself can take a look at some possible numbers of atendee's. By signing up, you're not saying you're "deffinatley" coming, but more "I hope to come". Don't sign up if you can't come and you just want to click some buttons and fill my email inbox. :p

Remember, that this year it's in Sweden, and is taking place in mid-late July (see above for final date) as it was last year. After signing up, you will ocassionally recieve a Mittens newsletter.

Anyhoo, go now, sign up. It'll be great fun. (Mittens that is, not the signing up process).

http://www.mittens.cjb.net

Number of people signed up so far:

:)
m0ds

Andail

Neato, Mods my man.
I'll send some details some day. Everything looks fine so far.

SSH

I don't want to accuse anybody of anything, even those trying to entice young poeple out to remote cottages :)

Seriously, though, you young uns out there should be careful of any meeting organised on chatrooms. Check out:

http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/

Esseb

There was a Mittens 2002 also, and it went okay :). This is hardly the "preteen pokemon 3003" forum.

Edit: Besides, there's an age limit.

m0ds

Plus the whole, 1 in every 10,000 internet meetings "go bad".

m0ds

Goldmund

Scottish hero, we hardly know you, you've been here for what, a month?
Andail is very well known, also in person, by many members of this board. I think your attempt was overzealous.

AGA

I went to Mittens 2002 and I only got raped once...

Matt Goble

Quote from: AGA on Sat 08/02/2003 04:18:02
I went to Mittens 2002 and I only got raped once...

So THATS why that guy was screaming "SHUT THE FCUK UP!".

Seriously, AGA was the 'camp bitch / bike'  of 2002

Matt  ;D

Andail

SuperScottishHero, I appreciate your patronism, but we're not strangers to each other here.

I have personally met with 14 AGS-members (a record?) and some twice, and I can assure you that they all were not only completely harmless and normal and sane, but also a great bunch of interesting, thoughtful and cheerful people.

This is not just a chatroom, it's one of the most close-knit communities you'll find.

Las Naranjas

What?

No organised game of catch and bash?
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Goldmund

Let's re-enact the Lord of the Flies. We should get enough litlluns.
I wanna be Jack! Las will be Piggy.

Las Naranjas

Dammit!

I wanna disdainfully profuse "Sucks to your ass-mar".
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Matt Brown

Mr.hero, while you worrying is certainly understandible, I doubt we would have that problem here. any of these people have met, and this would have to be one elaborate plot to steal kids if so many people's stories match. plus, little kids (well, 4 the most part) dont go here. adventure games were before their time.

However..this is the reason I can't attend. My parents are convinced that you people are rapists. or at least a few of you. I guess I have to wait a few years, then go before I go on my mission
word up

n3tgraph

It sounds really nice, such a meeting :)

But I'm out of cash :(
Also, I have some gigs planned with my band :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

SSH

I think most folks took my post in the spirit that was intended. They've got public service radio adverts on all the time for the website I mentioned and it was in my mind as the discussion on Sasha's problems progressed. Helm rightly pointed out that many people here are not real people to others and that got me thinking. Of course, if you're under 16 then you should always treat any chatroom people you haven't met already as strangers in real life as a precaution, no matter how long you've known them online. It also unliekly that there are any kids here with the wherewithal to jet off to foreign countries on their own anyway!

So, I know that there were previous mittens and didn't want to cast aspersions on anyone, especially Andail who has done so much for the AGSers even though he didn't get any Academy Awards this year.

NTL.

QuoteYou can be whoever you want to be in a chat room. That抯 half the fun. You chat away to loads of different people. Make a few mates on the way. But what if one of them is lying? What if the person you think is a friend isn抰 a mate at all?

Thats me!
Duke Entertainment Message Boards (DEILF)
Duke Entertainment Official Website <-- Recently updated
uhhh... I Live Forever!!!

MillsJROSS

Okay guys...the jig is up. I'm really Andail, m0ds, leks, Sylpher, eric, Helm, Butcher, and all other AGSers there are...yes even CJ...except one. You see, it's been my plan to make a whole webpage under the geise of an "Adventure Gaming Website" and slowly introducing new people...eventually putting out the Mittens idea...2002, which really was just me by myself taking pictures of random people. I was trying to trap small kids into a false sense of security and then invite them over... I'm a bad person.

(Okay, but seriously, I just wanted to be really sarcastic...none of the above is true...or is it?)

-MillsJROSS

NTL.

If so I will kick you in the head.

DragonRose

Yes, Hosamov, it is all true.  I really am everybody here except for you.  I, MillsJRoss, am EVERYONE!

Wait, logged in on the wrong name... CRAP!
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

NTL.

Sorry everyone. I am also MillsJRoss. Mwahahahahahah!!!! I am everyone!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk