old mittens thread

Started by , Thu 06/02/2003 15:00:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

Time for maps!!!1

Europe and mittens:

The important part of scandinavia and mittens. As you can see, there are two islands almost incorporated in the land. Well, you can see a smal string of water surrounding them, can't you?
The northern one is called "Orust."

The northern part of Orust (the island) and mittens:

Buslines and such. Uddevalla is where I used to live. Mittens is right under "sundsandvik".

I draw this map to shpw the exact perimeters of mittens.

I'll come back with routes and prices and all that later.

Privateer Puddin'

Matt Brown

hahahaha..I love those maps. you forgot the famous "here be dragons"
word up

jannar85

Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

m0ds

Nice Andail! Cool! Even though I don't understand them, is it me or does a highway go off into the sea? Is this something we should know about? Can you drive to Sweden via the USA?

:p
m0ds

Andail

Yes, Mods, I built a trans-atlantic bridge just to encourage the yanks to come over here.
No, seriously, I didn't.
The highway goes directly into the sea.

Scummbuddy

Quote from: Andail on Thu 06/03/2003 16:57:38

Cool, You guys are all meeting in some pixelygame forrest for this years mittens!  Now I'm sure im jealous.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

m0ds

I can't wait to sail avast to Many Islands.

:)
m0ds

Rincewind

Hey - It's in Sweden! Nicely, nicely.  ;D  
Now, it's too bad I live in the northern parts of the country... Otherwise, I might have attended... Sounds like fun, though.

Jätteskojigt.  ::)

Privateer Puddin'

theres people coming from other countries, dude :P

Rincewind

Yeah, I know...   I figured that out as well...  Just meant it was handy, since I live in sweden. Nothing else.

visy (the guy who made Lassi Quest)

I signed up! And I really hope to be there.
(I still have some issues because of having no money or a summerjob),
but i'll try to bring my sexy body there!!!

Idea for Mittens 2003?: LASRSSI QUEST LIVE!!!11! :)
Still working on 8-bit stuff, mostly NES and Atari 2600:
http://oldskool.wamma.fi

(That would be people running around shouting bad english and taking random stuff)

AGA

Okay, for those of us in the UK, I suggest we all take the same flight...

The most cheap/promising-looking one I've found is from www.ryanair.com and leaves London Stansted at 10:50(am) on Monday 28th July and leaves Gothenburg at 21:05(pm) on Friday 1st August. The cost is £19.99 both ways (without tax), which comes to £61.22 all included with tax and fees...

Damn, I hope Finnish people would come.

Adamski

Sounds good to me AGA, i'll just double check with the transport down and book ASAP if its possible

AGA

Okay, that's me and DarkStalkey, m0ds said he will when he gets some money, any other UKers?

Pumaman

Quote from: AGA on Wed 12/03/2003 07:18:11
The most cheap/promising-looking one I've found is from www.ryanair.com and leaves London Stansted at 10:50(am) on Monday 28th July and leaves Gothenburg at 21:05(pm) on Friday 1st August. The cost is £19.99 both ways (without tax), which comes to £61.22 all included with tax and fees...

I'm concerned about getting transport from the airport on the way back. If it leaves Sweden at 21:05, then presumably it'll be about 23:00 before we leave Stansted airport. At that time, it won't be possible for me to get a train home.

We really need to be out of the airport by 21:00 at the latest, so an earlier flight home is essential IMO.

Matt Goble

I'm just need to find out from work if I can get that week off.

I agree with Chris about the travel times, bearing in mind most of us may need to get connecting trains elsewhere (Who goes direct to Stanstead?)

Also, we don't want to aiming for the last train of the night, cos you just know they'll cancel it!

Matt

AGA

Yeah, slight update: there's a flight from Gothenburg on the 1st at 14:05 - arriving in Stansted at 14:55... We've decided that this is obviously the sensibler option all-round...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk