No One Touches My Hamster Test/Demo game

Started by ZemiX, Thu 06/02/2003 16:09:58

Previous topic - Next topic

ZemiX

I have made a little demo/test game to get familiar with the windows version of AGS. It's short and easy and has some digital music and one or two sound effects.

download it here:  http://home.swipnet.se/~w-78255 and then come back and tell me what you think!  :D

Dorcan

"To be continued ?" Oh no I wanted to play more ! :-\

Nice little game! I like the character walking animation, well done, I like the backgrounds (even if they are sometimes a bit empty), the way they are drawn ( "smooth" ) and because the colors are relaxing. It's very pleasant looking at them.

Oh and this little hamster was really cute

To bad it was so easy, as I finished it in a few minutes... Ok, it was a test game so I forgive you  :P

The question is : will you make a sequel ?

Timosity

Very cool little demo,

The graphics are simple but nice detail for the size, the plot seems interesting, I didn't have the music up cause it is nearly 4am.

Keep going on it, it should be a good game.

btw post demos in the 'games in production' forum.
I'm sure a mod will move it there

ZemiX

Wow! Positive comments! Thanks!  :)

Yeah, the backgrounds are simple and a bit empty, pillows in the bed would be nice for example. I made the backgrounds in Photoshop and used layers for every object in the background, so it's easy to add more details.

For the character I made a prototype in Photoshop, with every body part in a separate layer, and a layer with the shadows. That way I can make new characters by simply changing colour on the separate body parts, the shadow layer makes the new character shadowed.
I actually made a full walking animation on Berta in the store the same way as with the male prototype, so I can make female characters also.  8)

I have started to write on part 2 of the game, so yes, there will be more hamster madness  ;)

Now when I have decided to continue developing the adventure this version is now officially a demo, so this thread should be moved to the Games in Production section.

Neole

I like it! Especially the comic style *smack*. I liked the grass too, the way its painted. The puzzles should be better than hunt for pixels though!

ZemiX

Puzzles? what puzzles? ;)

Actually I'm no fan of pixel hunting myself.  It just turned out that way. I could have put the keys in the bottom drawer in the bedroom. "Searching through your socks drawer you find your keys!". And the wallet placement was just evil.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk