A collective, cooperative, competitive competition. With possible homicide.

Started by Brentimous, Fri 16/10/2009 03:55:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Brentimous

So... I think it's about time we let some people get their RON on in the easiest, fastest, most accessible way possible... THROUGH A FIERCE, BLOODY, IN YOUR FACE, TO THE DEATH EXTREME ONLINE COMPETITION.

First and foremost if anyone's interested, well.. is anyone actually interested? I think it'd help start some RON-centered activity in the forum, maybe generate some new interest.

Second, would these be held on the RON forum or the Competitions area of AGS?

As with past competitions before the server change, I'd contribute whenever possible.

Sporkaganza

I know it's been almost a month, but I'd be interested in this. I think it might get some actual activity going.

So what kind of competition are we talking about? Would it be a graphics jam? I hope not, because my art skills are nonexistent. Or is this supposed to be more like a MAGS competition? Like, everyone makes a little game and then we decide on the winner? Because I'd be down with that. Or is it something else, like scriptwriting or... puzzles... or.... something?

DeviantGent

I'm down with such an adventure. I'm thinking something like a one room deal would be relevant to our interests?
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Sporkaganza

Renegade Implementor

I have no problems in seeing the RoN based activities restarted.  The only one that really took off was the sprite competition.  There was minimal participation when we tried backgrounds and the less said about how utterly the fiction activities died, the better.

As for where to have it... AGS already does have a competitions section and it seems logical to see if we couldn't hold whatever RoN-based comps/activities there.  If not, then they'll have to remain in this section.

Brentimous

Nice to see a little bit of interest growing. As stated before, I'd contribute to whatever kind of competition we had whenever possible. This month won't be possible due to me using all my free time on a MAGS game, but come December I'll RON like I've never RONed before.

If we're looking to just get some games out, I'd be interested in doing something like a "Make a Game in Two Weeks" competition. Since all the resources are there, the deadline seems pretty reasonable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk