Maniac Mansion - Dott-Style (still in business!)

Started by Mister L, Tue 03/11/2009 10:34:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

FireOrange

http://www.maniac-mansion-mania.com ;) Not really the website for this game but since DOTT-MM is a "child" of the MMM-Community... ;)

Mister L

We will have our own website for the project, but I don't know when this will happen. We're putting all our energy into the development of the game now.  8)

Quote from: BiggerJ on Mon 16/11/2009 10:41:57
Well, there is one guy I know of who makes music (including cover versions) for money - Andrew Pants at songstowearpantsto.com - you'd probably have to give him links to the Maniac Mansion theme song and some samples of DoTT's music in your request, of course. I'd gladly donate money (via PayPal) for such a thing.

Wow, thanks for the offer!  :D
First we'll try to find someone to join us for free. But I will definitely checkout this website.
Hmm, funny. The name of Daves girlfriend is Sandy Pantz.  ;D

Dualnames

Re: Maniac Mansion - Dott-Style (not just another remake)

The phrase in the parenthesis shows how much work you're probably putting in this game.. And I respect and understand that. I've made fan-games (1 terrible) and I'm making a remake, so just wanting to tell you the idea sounds brilliant, and with the right attitude the execution can't go bad. Just don't try to make a game to target both the "purists" and those that want to play the game and see what's new (I used a difficulty setting to do that).
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

superwap

Fantastico!!! :) Mis felicitaciones. Yo soy Ilustrador y estoy preparando mi primer aventura grafica.... :)
Proximamente.
Espero alguna vez poder colaborar desde Argentina con mis dibujos para las Maniac Mansion 3 o 4.
Walter Pasutti
superwap8@hotmail.com :=

Mister L

I think this should be translated in english:  ;)

Quote from: superwap on Fri 20/11/2009 05:11:54
Fantastic! My congratulations. I am Illustrator and am preparing my first graphic adventure…. Soon. Sometimes I hope to be able to collaborate from Argentina with my drawings for the Maniac Mansion 3 or 4. Walter Pasutti

I hope 'babelfish' did that right.  ;D

micamic

This is just amazing ! I love Dott style and I always wanted to play Maniac Mansion but terrible graphic made it impossible.

loontje

Such a fresh and crispy yet classic looking graphic style. Even without the topic title the graphics would still have screamed "day of the tentacle". Keep up the good work. 

Merte

Made a blog entry about your game at my game blog

Can't wait for this to get finished!

Visit me at naggynerd.com

Dr. Spengler

Hey, will you even add the character theme songs for people like Dave, Bernard, & The Edisons, and remix them? That would make this game perfect.

ALPHATT

DOTT is one of the best games lucasarts ever made. :'(
/sig

Dr. Spengler

jannar85

Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Ghost

The title screen alone had me in stitches, and the first screenies look very, very promising. I think this really could be great. As in really, really great- having the old classic in the outstanding DOTT look. Would also save me the trouble of fiddling around with DOSBox ;)

Danman

I must say this does looks very good I love the style it just reminds me more of the curse of monkey island
(The 3rd Monkey island i think). At least I got something to look forward to. Just that I hope they will
be a English version or else I am going to have learn German  ;D .

Mister L

Quote from: Dr. Spengler on Tue 15/12/2009 03:57:48
Also, what does Dave look like in this game?
We're still working on him,  the design is not final jet. Maybe we'll show more in 2010.  :)

Quote from: Dr. Spengler
Hey, will you even add the character theme songs for people like Dave, Bernard, & The Edisons, and remix them?
We will use the theme songs (in a special way).  8)

alexhans

Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk