IWWHIIWWHITOMIROTPG: The Game!

Started by monkey0506, Sun 29/11/2009 05:47:07

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

Short of just reposting the entire GIP thread over here, let me just tell you all that it's now been released! :=

That's right people! The moment you've been waiting for since practically forever has finally come! IWWHIIWWHITOMIROTPG: The Game! is finally here![/b]

There are still some things that I'd like to be able to do to this game, so there's a good chance that this might still be updated with changes in the future, but you've all been asking for it, so here it is:

Download (full game) (35.43 MB)
Download (no speech) (1.47 MB)
Speech file download (33.96 MB)
Alternate Download README
Mirror on MegaUpload (Thanks [ Arj0n ]!)

I included the game without speech for those either without speakers or who just simply prefer the game that way or have slower connections. The speech file is also available as a standalone download in case you grabbed the wrong file. Just put it in the same folder as the game.

Controls are:

Arrow keys/Num Pad/WASD: Movement
Left click: Interact/talk to/look at (interacts wherever applicable)
Right click: Look at
Ctrl+Q/Ctrl+C/Alt+X: Quit game

There's also been some rumours circulating about some type of "cheat codes" so keep an eye out for those as well.

Enjoy the game folks!

-monkey

And here's that same screenshot. I'll replace it...eventually. :P

I'm in your Games Database, NOMin' all your bandwidth.

Kweepa

Beautiful, but is that it? :=
I can't help but imagine what this team is capable of...
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

monkey0506

Well as I said this is only a very short game. := I jokingly told Ben that this is an OROW++; That is, 4 rooms (only 3 backgrounds) and 10 days. :P

Considering the length of Majus' videos (see "I Wonder What Happens In..." for each episode) compared to the length of a full episode of Tales...this is after all just "I Wonder What Happens In I Wonder What Happens...". ;D

I know people may have been expecting more (especially given Ben, myself, and the size of the team altogether) but for 10 days and what was largely a "joke" project (that is a (hopefully) comical take on what could potentially happen in a comical take on what might happen in the concluding episode of Tales of Monkey Island). Ben and I took this far more seriously than either of us initially intended. But I think having released a game now I can actually move on and perhaps consider releasing other games in the future.

...or  I may just go another 5 or 6 years. :P

P.S. Although there aren't responses unique to everything try using the inventory items on things...and please take care not to misplace any of your fingers when trying to press Ctrl+Q to quit the game...dangerous things might happen. 8)

GarageGothic

Quotedangerous things might happen.

Thanks for the tip, monkey.

Spoiler
Actually got more entertainment out of the bonus disc than the game itself (got way frustrated with it because I'm stupid, it's amazing how long you can be stuck at a single puzzle if you forget to ask NPCs for help).
[close]

Beautiful graphics and great voice acting! And thanks for pointing me in the direction of Majus' videos. Had missed them for some reason even though I get press releases from Telltale all the time.

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: GarageGothic on Sun 29/11/2009 08:23:35
Beautiful graphics

:-*

Quote from: GarageGothic on Sun 29/11/2009 08:23:35
Spoiler
Actually got more entertainment out of the bonus disc than the game itself
[close]

Spoiler
If you can wade through the chat log for long enough and not get discouraged by how bad our jokes are and how enormous my ego is, you may be amused to learn that the coca cola thing actually happened and left me feeling very strange indeed! (despite the fact that it later turned out that my lovely mother had put it there  ;D)
[close]

Chicky

awesome game, nice one monkey! The art was lovely as always Ben, really liked that inventory! Great dialog, very convincing.

Might have just been me but the transparency wasn't working when items were in the inventory.

The controls were a little fiddly, maybe allow mouse walk? May have been my pc but the inventory was a little slow to open.

That is all :) good job guys!

ThreeOhFour

Heh, thanks Chicky :D.

The inventory graphics are mucking around because there are a few issues with guis and alpha channels. Monkey did what he could, but we still had to skip the alpha channels for that particular part.

As for mouse walking... there is more than one cheat code  ;D

arj0n

Props on releasing this Monkey, Ben and the rest of the team, must have been quit a busy weekend for you Monkey :)

About teh game:
Spoiler
Amazing that you can achieve 800 points in such a small game, heh heh... ;)
[close]

Babar

That was the 2nd most disgusting Alternate Recipe Puzzle I've ever solved. ;D

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Clarvalon

You all got a nice tweet from @telltalegames so it's nice to see you getting some recognition.  Seems like a fun collaboration.

I had a couple of tiny criticisms of the GUI but they've already been covered in the telltale forum thread.  Overall it was entertaining, the music especially evoked the MI series very well.  Good stuff.
XAGE - Cross-Platform Adventure Game Engine (alpha)

arj0n

Very interesting and funny bonusdisk content.
Spoiler
I did read the text transcript so from now of I can consider myself a madman  ;)
[close]

Cyrus

Loved it! Hope the original episode 5 won't be worse  ;)
But are you sure that
Spoiler
Morgan is dead? When Guybrush revisited the lab, her body was missing.
[close]

arj0n

Peder 🚀

Nice!

But why not call it "IWWHIIWWHITOMIROTPG: The Advbenture Game!" ? :P

Another mirror for the full game:
http://www.agsarchives.com/game-files/monkey_05_06/IWWHIIWWHITOMIROTPG_The_Game.zip

arj0n

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Mon 30/11/2009 12:15:39
Ha!  ;D

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Mon 30/11/2009 12:15:39

O_o

NO.

:=

monkey0506

Because then everyone wouldn't lose before they even start playing. :=

Thanks for the mirror. I've been meaning to check my make-up.

Oh and as promised I do intend to release the source project before too much longer, I'm just muddling around in some things first. ;D

Zyargeikunn

That was just awesome! Better than MI3+4 even considering its shortness.

m0ds

Fun stuff, and it'd certainly make Tales fun to play if it was as you speculate Monkey_05_06! :) I never really finished the music cos I've been working hard on the Danny Dread stuff lately, but thats completely finished now, so I'll send you some other tunes that might be of use to your source release tomorrow. Well done though, very cool stuff! MI 2D = :)

Azure

I downloaded this whilst waiting for the final episode to appear on TTG, hugely enjoyable guys!
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk