Creation: Day One

Started by Neole, Sat 08/02/2003 06:41:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

Well, after creating a simple planet (this could be already done or a simple starting puzzle.) I'd say the first step is to create some sort of life.

The angel could advise you to make a woman and the devil advises you to make a man.

Anyway if you put slugs, snails and puppy dogs tails in the life-making(tm) cauldron then you'll create a man and if you put sugar, spice and everything nice in the cauldron you'll make a woman.

The way the player could work out how to do this to have the overly heavenly chap recite poetry.

Now, about getting the items. I suppose the two obvious ways to get these items would be to:
A) Get them from your angel/devil.
B)Go on a quest for them.

Anyway that's my idea.

When you've got your man/woman on the planet (It would be cool if you could choose his/her name) then you'll need someone of the opposite sex.

Your lifemaker(tm) cauldron has lost it's power...and only one person you know has another one.

So, phone up "Lucy".
"Hello, Saturn?"
"SATAN, idiot!"

Anyway after a bit of dialog Satan will invite you into his home.

After getting to his front door somehow your minions could pop up and say "I have a bad feeling about this." or somthing that effect.

there should be a trap or somthing inside.

After you've defeated it (maybe with a little help from your friends) lucy will appear and agree to let you have a man/woman so long as he can have a bit of space to plant his apple tree on your planet.

On returning to your own place you'll find the apple tree and man/woman their.

After growing some plants, animals food then you can leave Your two humans to get on with it.

By day two they could have children.

But anyway, that's all of my ideas for day one.

Phew, I've has that on a .txt fil;e since yesterday.

Neole

Raggit: I'm sure if God finds this annoying He will strike us down with a bolt of lightning or format our harddisks and that will be that. Personally I think He would be flattered by all this attention. It's just harmless fun after all. And many other religions have multiple Gods (Greeks, Hindus, Chinese), so we wouldnt want to displease them by having only one - you only have to see how well Xena: Warrior Princess and Hercules worked! The game is not just my idea and project, I only suggested a game with 7 days of creation, the ideas are being contributed by a lot of other people as you can see.

bspeers: crafty ideas! Except.. are you sure God created darkness? I thought he only created the light. If he did create darkness, the fabric/village idea is great, along with measurements. The disco universe comment would be extremely funny so we must remember to use that! Cerebus maybe we could use later, as we do not want to exhaust all our surprises on the first day!

Eggie: Whoa! We're still on the day one here, men and women will be created on day 6 I think..

Neole

About light, I would like to have a mixture of seven colors to get light. So maybe we could get a blue ink bottle, a green glass pane from a window, a yellow sun etc to make the seven colors that form white (VIBGYOR). We might need to focus them on a reverse prism somewhere to get light in the new universe. How's this idea?

Also, as soon as we have some scenes decided for sure I can draw out those backgrounds - I cant do this till we have the puzzles finalised. I would also be needing a good colorist for backgrounds.

Ali

Hi, I thought Herschel might need transportation to get him across the big spaces of nothing, so I designed a GodHopper. I don't know how to make it appear on the page (Flippy_D usually does that sort of thing - I don't know how - perhaps he has some magic shoes or something).

Here's the link. It might need to be dragged or something. I just don't understand:

http://www.geocities.com/harlequin_jake/godhopper.gif

If that doesn't come up right the url is :

http://www.geocities.com/harlequin_jake/godhopper.gif

The shading on the metal is very rough, but I did it quickly. You can see a sketch of where the robed guy himself would stand while cruising the void.

Feel free to ignore this, Neole and everyone else, I just felt like drawing it.

Also about offending people's values: I think there are too many religions and belief systems to avoid offending everyone. (I'm anti-capitalist, so I'm immediately offended every time an ad-break comes on TV).

All we can do is follow our beliefs, tolerate what others think and maybe (eventually) come to an agreement. Neole deserves the right to make a game which may be offensive to Christians, provided he's not denying them the right to be Christians.

Well ... that's what I think anyway.

bspeers4004

I lost my post where I expanded on ideas, but to put it succinctly, God created light, and then separated it from darkness, both of which did not exist.  So in a sense he created both, suggesting that yes, it would be accurate for him to create day AND night.  See the quote below:

Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

4. And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.

5. and God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

This does make the first day a bit fudgy.  After all, day and night didn't exist before he created them, so was the creation of light and dark during or *prior* to the creation of night and day?  If prior, God didn't do anything actually *on* the first day. (heh, pointless semantic religous argument).

Either way, it's arguable that God created dark as much as he created light.

But these are just ideas I'm tossing about.  Like I said in that other post, I have very little stake in them.  Do what you will.

All I think is that he's going to need to lodge quite a lot of fossils in the soil on that 5th or 6th day so they can be dug up 6000 years later.

Hmmm.... laudromat thoughts...

Matt Brown

word up

Eggie

He needs:

WALKERS CRISPS LITE!  8)

Or maybe he could buy some fire of Lucifer (who he sacked years ago for being too evil) to be the sun.

But the "sun" sets the world on fire so God created oceans.

How about mixing Morning, Day, Evening and Night up in a sort of slide show to try and get it right. Then you could do a little effect with SetBackgroundFrameThingie() to see your results.

Barcik

Sorry, I couldn't think of any good possibilities. I'll just vote when the time comes.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Neole

Ali: That looks so good that we would HAVE to fit it in even if we had no use for it!

bspeers: Ok, we'll have darkness! The fabric from the village idea is good! Now we need some final puzzles!! Like what we combine with which and click on what and talk to whom to solve the puzzle - so I can get to drawing the backgrounds and characters.

Eggie: I'm not sure the sun and the oceans came on the first day - experts on the subject please clarify this. Whats 'WALKERS CRISP LITE'?

Is my light idea for the white light ok? Get seven objects that would radiate the respective colors of the rainbow to make white light? If yes, then could we have suggestions on the seven objects for the seven colors, and the puzzles involving how god would get each of them ( like blue ink bottle, a green glass pane etc).

Barcik

Neole, I'm for.

And starts and oceans came on day 2.

Neole

Barcik, there's not going to be any voting unless there's conflict of opinions and there's none right now. Right now we have the basic plot for first day, now we need to make puzzles and stuff out of them. Here's the basic plot -

God needs to make darkness and light.

(Darkness plot as suggested by bspeers)
For darkness he has to get that fabric from the fabric warehouse at the village of the gods, which require him to get the measurements of the universe (using some measuring tape, or a better puzzle anyone?) and some sort of authorization/credit from a higher god maybe (I want to leave Cerebus for later chapters bspeers!)

(Light plot as suggested by me, unless the light bulb idea is preferred)
For light he needs seven objects each giving one of the seven colors of the rainbow, which he'll put together to get white light. A blue ink bottle and a green window pane is what I've thought up till now. Most objects can be just picked up from various scenes, but maybe have puzzles for some.

Now let's get these plots completed into exact puzzle modes!

Barcik

I'm for Neole's version.

Neole

We'll have both the light and dark of course, since God created both. Now who'll convert these into puzzles?

bspeers - you seem to be good with puzzles! If you can write the exact puzzles for these go ahead and we'll modify/help as needed. Of course anyone else can do it too, if they can come up with any puzzles with these plot elements. Like how to get credit/authorization, measuring tape, 7 colored objects.

Barcik

Darkness is lack of colour, and this is harder to implement. Just bringing it to your attention.  :)

Neole

We'll start with many rooms in the divine plane, and only one room in the lower plane. That lower plane room will be initially 'nothing' - maybe ziggyzaggy lines or just psychedelic gradient colors. Then God lays down the fabric of darkness on it - so all becomes perfectly black (with God visible on it of course). Then God gets the seven color objects and lays down light on the lower plane room so all becomes white. Then we move on to day two. So not that hard to implement graphically!

In the first day God wouldnt be able to walk around on the lower plane, maybe just float around. NOTE: Barcik the scripter! so different views for character God in the upper and lower plane till there is earth. When does he actually create earth etc. so we can start having different rooms in the lower plane?

Barcik

I don't understand what you're asking.

Neole

Just that when did God create earth? Before creating earth he wouldnt have any walk space, so he would sort of float around in the lower plane (i.e. the non divine plane of existence).

Barcik

Day II. Hey, these bible lessons did help! And people, I didn't just give you that link earlier for fun.

SSH

How to draw "nothingness"...

Nothingness looks like: A Ham Sandwich...

It's an old joke: "There's nothing, quite like a ham sandwich"

There's also great oppurtunity for understatement jokes:
BIG BUILD UP MUSIC...
(Charton Heston voice) And then... God made... The Earth...
(silly finger in mouth popping sound as the earth pops out of nothing)

Neole

Hehheh, maybe we can use that cheesy joke! The initial nothing room is a ham sandwich.. I dunno how many would get it though, even after explanation from God!

About Earth creation with a pop, that depends on the puzzles we have for making Earth, we havent reached the 2nd day yet!

Now if someone would get on writing the puzzles...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk