Maggies: Vote for your favorite MAGS 2009 (Winner Announced)

Started by Dualnames, Fri 01/01/2010 11:07:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Is it really 2010? Yes, it appears it is! So it's also time to find out which was the best game posted in the last twelve months. Weird enough this is the only time in MAGS history, that a host is having his own game. No worries, I'm not allowed to win, I'm just keeping the game there, you can still vote it.

Time to decide who's the ultimate game maker of 2009. Two weeks to vote between the games. Are you really up for it?

We don't want to judge about best graphics, best character or other best categories - there's already a famous award for doing this. "Maggies" just wants to know what's your favorite MAGS game 2009. It's up to you to decide what's most important: Graphics, gameplay, idea, interpretation of the MAGS rules, whatever...

For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

Snow Queen - After The Apocalypse by Kastchey [DOWNLOAD]
The Hunt for Goldbeard by Bulbapuck [DOWNLOAD]
Robbing the Princess by OneDollar [DOWNLOAD]
Alpha Dog by DrWhite [DOWNLOAD]
Aeronuts by abstauber [DOWNLOAD]
Trial of the Schnellersparrow by Pinback [DOWNLOAD]
The Energizer by tzachs [DOWNLOAD]
The Chronomancers by discordance [DOWNLOAD]
Ted McBinky and his Steam Engine by FSi [DOWNLOAD]
Steamsquares by cat [DOWNLOAD]
Steam Trek: Clueless around Risa by frogking [DOWNLOAD]
Samarkand by Babar [DOWNLOAD]
One Of A Kind by Crimson Wizard[DOWNLOAD]
Ex Machina by SomeSickSelf [DOWNLOAD]
The North Crown by SomeSickSelf [DOWNLOAD]
The Deed by Crimson Wizard [DOWNLOAD]
Minor Minion by Helme [DOWNLOAD]
Ardent Fever by Tijne [DOWNLOAD]
The Secret Plan 1 - Running to stand still by tzachs[DOWNLOAD]
The Colorless Sylph by Tijne [DOWNLOAD]
Celtic Chaos: episode one - cold mead by Helme [DOWNLOAD]
Wheel of Torture by Tijne [DOWNLOAD]
Billy Boy's Important Wine Lottery by Gudforby [DOWNLOAD]
Souls Quest by jerakeen[DOWNLOAD]
Proposal by Tijne [DOWNLOAD]
Rockabilly Kid by Mazoliin [DOWNLOAD]
Mr. Dangers Contest by poc301 [DOWNLOAD]
Dead in Space by Wyz [DOWNLOAD]
Breakdown by OneDollar [DOWNLOAD]
A Place Without Frontier by lord_hellfire [DOWNLOAD]
Red Flagg Dont Call me Blue - Redux by SpacePirateCaine [DOWNLOAD]
House Quest II by lord_hellfire[DOWNLOAD]
Writers Blocks - Tech Demo by bspeers[DOWNLOAD]
Winners Dont Do Drugs by Dualnames [DOWNLOAD]

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

Thanks to SpacePiraiteCaine and Ryan Timothy and Leon And Peder Johnsen!

Winner
Without further delay..winner of the MAGS (bored to check)
Spoiler
Abstauber and his game Aeronuts
[close]
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

bicilotti

What a year! Thank you MAGSsters!

Ryan Timothy B

Good job with the voting list Duals, makes this super smooth and easy for the voter.

Dualnames

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 01/01/2010 18:30:49
Good job with the voting list Duals, makes this super smooth and easy for the voter.

It can't get smoother, can it?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Helme

The choice was surprisingly easy for me.

SpacePirateCaine

I really like having the link to the voting pages there individually, but I thought I'd take it a step further and provide links for easy download and access to all of the MAGS games this year so people wouldn't have to take that extra step. Enjoy!

Steamsquares
The Secret Plan 1 - Running to Stand Still
Soul's Quest
A Place Without Frontier
Writer's Blocks - Tech Demo

The order in which I posted is slightly different from Dualnames's, but I've doublechecked, and this is all of the games. Enjoy!

Edit: Some of the links seem broken, I am working on finding valid links. If anyone has links for The above, unlinked files, please let me know and I will link them.

Edit #2: Dual has added download links to the first post, so I've gotten rid of mine, keeping only a list of the as-of-yet undownloadable games. I'm fairly certain I have a copy of 'A Place Without Frontier', as I was the topic-creator that month. I'm searching for it and will upload it to Mediafire temporarily if I can find it.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Dualnames

Thanks a lot Space, I edited the first post!

abstauber

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Some really good competition this year, but my vote simply has to be for Aeronuts.  Abstauber completely surprised me with that entry AND HE GETS MY VOTE FOR MAGICAL GOODNESS!

SKOAL

Also, in the future it might be a good idea to include all the games in one zip file like TIG Source does with their game competitions.  It makes it really easy to make sure you have all the games :).

Leon

Thanks to Peder:

Souls Quest
Steam Squares
One of a kind
The Secret Plan
A place without frontier
Writers Block

[edit]
By the way.... Peder collected them all in the AGS Archive...
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

cat

abstauber

Hey ProgZ, thanks a lot (again) ;D
To be honest, before I started on Aeronuts, I've played Jonas Tapfer, loved it and made it my mags quality reference. Too bad I wasn't around the time you've released it...

OneDollar

Wooh I have two entries this year! If that's not progress I don't know what is ;D

abstauber

QuoteThe voting period will run two long weeks until January 17th.

*cough* Dualnames, wake up please  8)

Dualnames

Quote from: abstauber on Wed 20/01/2010 07:42:45
QuoteThe voting period will run two long weeks until January 17th.

*cough* Dualnames, wake up please  8)

Dual waking up! (Two competitions to run..:P)

And the winner is..the man people tend to vote always so many times, that I know he's won from the first day of the voting!!

Without further delay..winner of the MAGS (bored to check)
Spoiler
Abstauber and his game Aeronuts
[close]

Runner Ups with the same amount of votes!

Samarkand by Babar!
Mr.Danger's Contest by poc301!
Writter's Block Tech Demo by bspeers!

tzachs

Congraltulations
Spoiler
Astauber
[close]
!!!

Without a doubt a deserved win...

Helme

...as I expected.
Spoiler
Congratulations Abstauber!
[close]

magintz

Yay the mes again :) Congratulations to everyone who won and entered.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

abstauber

Wow, this is incredible :D

I'm really honoured that my game was chosen out of 33 other great entries.

Thanks to all of you for playing all these titles - I'm sure looking at 34 titles in two weeks gave you hard time. And thanks to all other contestants for making 2009 such a cool MAGS season!

PS
Wooooooooooooo!!! ;D

poc301

Congrats Abstauber!

Well deserving game, I must say.   I enjoyed it.

Thanks to all those who voted for mine, being tied for 2nd isn't too shabby.   :)

-Bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk