Background Flip! Over! Done! Awards!

Started by Jim Reed, Fri 22/01/2010 13:50:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Reed

Hi there participants!

I know that you all want to make an entry here. I know you can't resist it! The inner voice keeps telling you: "participate, participate!", and you know that you will get a trophy no matter what, because Jim Reed's gonna draw a trophy for every entry! Yessir, trophies are guaranteed! Step right up! Come one, come all! Just put your entry here below, by the 5th of February and you get a shiny new trophy for your collection! No strings attached!
  You're all wondering now surely, why does this offer sound soo good? How come it's so easy to win a trophy? Is Jim Reed on drugs? Why is chocholate soo tasty? Well, the answer is simple. Jim Reed likes a challenge, and I know you do, too! So, to make things interesting we have a few rules. If you can make a background and not brake any of the rules, you get a trophy. And now, the only question you need to ask is: " CAN I DO IT?"

Rules:
Background size must be AGS compatible

That's all?! Yes, it is! I know it's unbelivable, I know it sounds so easy, I know you want to make an entry! So go ahead, take a trophy home!
  But wait, what is the theme you ask? What do I need to draw to get a trophy? It's simple! You just need to draw a background that evokes a certain feeling in the viewer. Write what feeling you were aiming for and show us your picture.
 But the fun doesn't end there, no-sir-eeh! After that, you can also vote for the winner! You can't vote for yourself, sorry.

The categories you can vote for are:

Idea - how original/cool/nice the emotion the author is aiming for
Technique - how well did the author depict the feeling he was aiming for
Usefullnes - Which BG would be best suited for a game

There will be trophies, as soon as I draw them, right here:

Have fun!

Al_Ninio

Hello

Edit: Oh, uh. Since I was supposed to describe the feeling I tried to convey:
Spoiler
The tripped-out conspiracy feeling one gets while reading the Illuminatus! trilogy, I guess
[close]

NsMn

My first BG Blitz entry actually.... and now it isn't even a Blitz! Shame!

...I hate drawing humans....

FSi++

Spoiler
It's nuclear winter. Very funny.
[close]

A thousand years of cold, darkness, loneliness and misery awaits us all.

Peace.

Matt Frith

I made an entry and what a suprise, it contains mountains :)

Spoiler
It evokes a feeling of Bob Ross, er I mean peace and serenity :)
[close]

Takyon

Quote from: Al_Ninio on Fri 22/01/2010 14:09:48
Hello

Edit: Oh, uh. Since I was supposed to describe the feeling I tried to convey:
Spoiler
The tripped-out conspiracy feeling one gets while reading the Illuminatus! trilogy, I guess
[close]

I can actually understand what you mean by it's description, great job.
ghost.

nihilyst

2x

Spoiler
Kind of a grotesque nightmarish feeling. Inspired by Beksinski, though the longer I look a it, the more I like to look at a real Beksinski :D
[close]

abstauber

When's the deadline?

And does it matter if the screen is actually going to be used in game?

IndieBoy

Quote from: Tier on Sun 24/01/2010 19:57:25
I made an entry and what a suprise, it contains mountains :)

[image]

Spoiler
It evokes a feeling of Bob Ross, er I mean peace and serenity :)
[close]

I totally thought of Bob Ross when I first saw it!
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Jakerpot

It's the felling of panic when entering the territory of the Quack's Gang!

Jim Reed

Nice! =D
Check the middle bottom road line (white) though, it's out of perspective.

Jakerpot

Jim Reed

Quote from: abstauber on Mon 25/01/2010 14:13:56
When's the deadline?

And does it matter if the screen is actually going to be used in game?

Sorry, I overlooked this.

The deadline for entries as stated in the first post is the 5th of February.

I said to make it usable in AGS, but bear in mind that this competition is won by voting, so it's not for me to say which entry is the best.

Jide

MY NEW ENTRY.

here goes!!

Ok so i edited this post with my new entry and hopefully its enough for people to not hate me  :-[  :-\
JIDE

I'm currently awaiting something particularly witty or funny to put in here so if someone could promplty say something of such nature to me i would much appreciate it.

Khris

Jide

Quote from: Khris on Sun 31/01/2010 04:06:03
Here's criticism: Don't trace!

:)

that is so wierd - because i never even once looked at that image there when i created my background.
i recently visited Europe and based it upon a picture i took myself - but in know way is it traced.
:D
JIDE

I'm currently awaiting something particularly witty or funny to put in here so if someone could promplty say something of such nature to me i would much appreciate it.

Jakerpot

Ahum... OK... I will try to believe that, wait... Sorry, i can't  :-\

Can i choose my trophy, will it be aleatory, will the winner choose the trophies for everyone or will the winner choose his trophy, or will you create an Awesome Chart of Awesomeness showing the Points of Awesome of every one's background and then giving a Awesome Trophy for every correspondent Points of Awesome of user's bg's?

Just to know  :)

PS: Can i help making the trophies please?  ;D

Jide

OK since no-one seems to believe that I actually did go to Europe for a month and base that background on my own pictures i took... can i make another entry??
JIDE

Wonkyth

Yeah, probably.
It doesn't say you cant up top, I think it's fair game.
Anyway the idea is to have fun and improve art, not win.(suckers)

On aside note, even if you did trace the pic, you did a fairly good job, and were willing to give it a try.
It's better than I could do or have done. ;)
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk