InC draws: teh youtube video! *PART 6 is up!*

Started by InCreator, Sat 27/02/2010 01:26:09

Previous topic - Next topic

InCreator

Since I'm back in 2D phase right now, and trying to make something game-like, I decided to give it a try and make a
YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIAL!

*applause*

It is here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRZgK4kG2VY

Also, it's HD and sound CAN be turned off.

Anyway, even though people avoid YouTube links like plague - it seems, if interested, take a look, C&C if wanted or if I'm doing it wrong and tell me if my effort is noble.

Because if so, I will document whole creation of this background...

Mazoliin

I'll say: Go for it.

I find it quite fascinating to see how other people do their work and you stopped just when the action was about to happen. I don't think this video alone would be to much use, you're only painting over a pre-existing picture, but I'm sure that the next one will be much more interesting.

Buckethead

If you are going to make more of these I think you should also include a little info on how you created the 3d scene.

bicilotti

Interesting & I'd like to see more of that! I'd like to see some more commentary too, it would add a lot.

Anian

Since I very much like the process of 3d basic geometry into 2d graphics details, you got my subscription.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

InCreator

Quote from: Mazoliin on Sat 27/02/2010 08:45:22
I don't think this video alone would be to much use, you're only painting over a pre-existing picture, but I'm sure that the next one will be much more interesting.

Yes. Since detailing the background actually takes about 2 days for me -- and in terms of video, that's alot of editing and gigabytes to record - I thought I make this thread first and see if there's interest into it.

Quote from: Buckethead on Sat 27/02/2010 09:12:12
If you are going to make more of these I think you should also include a little info on how you created the 3d scene.
Um, unless you're a dreadful pirate or rich as hell, a video of making basic boxes in super-expensive 3ds max wouldn't be very useful... But I can whip up something simple. It's actually quite same in any 3d modelling software which lets you make boxes. The geometry is the thing, Lights I used were more for ideas and I'm not sure if I even recreate this lighting in final 2D scene.

Quote from: bicilotti on Sat 27/02/2010 09:34:47
Interesting & I'd like to see more of that! I'd like to see some more commentary too, it would add a lot.

And your wish shall be granted! But what do you mean about "more commentary"? This was preliminary room setup, with simply tiresome vanishing point calculations replaced with 3D. So there was not much to comment really. Of course I will comment everything more advanced I use.

At first, I thought about narrating whole thing in voice, but decided that my heavy eastern-european accent won't add any quality to this video, plus needs alot of editing.

auriond

Do please make more of these. It's very interesting to see how you plan the room and paint over it.

Mr Flibble

I think voice narration would really be a benefit, I wouldn't worry too much about your accent unless it's absolutely indecipherable.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

InCreator

!!! Part zero is up now !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzUGgtau1CE

Here I show how to make your own reference using simple 3D box-modelling in under 4 minutes.

Anian

This pretty cool, if people used similar tehnics, Critics lounge would be like half the size.  ;D

Purely curious, you draw/design sprites that way as well?

I don't want the world, I just want your half

InCreator

Nope, never. Sprites I simply draw. Some more tricky shapes I sometimes model, such as armchair or table etc, but never organic things.

Using more complex 3D for low-res 2D graphics is like building a tank to kill a fly.

JD

InCreator

Part 2 is up! Just uploaded, should be ready in 10 minutes or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2swIuMP6a9M

Voice narration was a failure: I sound like drunk Finnish with mouth full of stones trying to speak Russian. So I captioned this one too.
Music I used is part of DanClarke's (AGS user) ambient mix he uploaded years ago and which I still love. I hope he won't mind.

Chicky

Gotta say these are very good video's InCreator, they're both clear and detailed. These are going to be a great help to both beginners and pro's looking to try low-res.

Jakerpot

Really really cool!!!  :D

I want to see the next part soon!!!! *Anti-alias it!!!*

bicilotti

Just finished part 2 and found it pretty interesting.
It should be added to the big ol' list of useful tutorials!

InCreator

Didn't manage to make another video this weekend. I guess I won't have time until next one :(

Jakerpot

NO  >:(

I can't wait so long.

InCreator

Well, skipped a month  :(, but added 3 new episodes yesterday in return  :)

m0ds

No voice-over?

I simply will not watch!

::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk