Hourgame Saturday [8 games!] [Play them all and vote!]

Started by , Fri 05/03/2010 19:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

bicilotti

Wyz's The Painting: really polished! I enjoyed the graphics and the outcome of the puzzle very much (everything was really well drawn taking into account it was made in less than one hour). One of my fav. entries.
DFB's Paint: No game as usual, I appreciated the whole "blue paint" thing (which was borrowed from some criminal dudes who borrowed it from an horror movie, right?)
FSi's powerelephant: a spiritual sequel to PowerCoW from Uranus, lovely background and main character. The thing I like about FSi is that 99% of his game are delivered well before the timeline, which makes him a cool dude.
Kweepa's Painter: really awesome! I was quite surprised when I forst took a look at it. Gameplay doesn't really match or take advantage of the 3d effect, but that's almost impossible to achieve in an hourgame. Bonus points: debugging at the end =)
Questionable's OP: now *that's* something innovative. It's an incomplete entry of course but the idea was pretty nice and I'd love to see that developed some more.
Magma42's Curse of the Painter: really well developed, with distinct graphics, a belivable character, non obvious puzzles and a pshycho-whirl. Thumbs up!
ProgZMax's Timmy: Probably the best graphics ever to be seen in an Hourgame, a colourful character with personality and some challenging puzzles which I enjoyed much (it seems I am alone there). It was half an hour after the dealdline, but from the IRC log it seems you started to work on it after way after the others, so it's ok.
Bulbapuck's Museum guard: there are many things to be praised there, strarting from "this city at night" background choice, very very witty writing and probably the most useful bit of dialouge in an adventure game (A: "Why?", B: "Bye" A: "Crap").
I really empathised with our Guard and always like to have "something" else to do in the game after beating it (in this case, try to run away from problems).

Well, in the end my vote goes to Bulbapuck.

Since we're here, let me announce the winner too: Kweepa! You have the honour to host this biweekly compo next saturday!

Kweepa

Hooray, thanks.
Although now that means I miss out on a round of hour gaming. :'(
A bittersweet victory indeed.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

bicilotti

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Sun 14/03/2010 16:52:16
Hooray, thanks.
Although now that means I miss out on a round of hour gaming. :'(
A bittersweet victory indeed.

That reminds me of this post (make sure to read the answers as well)

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=38927.msg513170#msg513170

:P

Wyz

Congrats Steve! I'm glad you've won actually. ;)
Hah, wait, I can't make next Hourgame :'(
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk