Red Dwarf: The Game - DEMO NOW AVAILABLE!

Started by Blobby 101, Sat 06/03/2010 15:13:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Lexington

Oh, and as for making Rimmer more distinctive - take that smile off his face! Rimmer never smiles except in self-satisfaction.

I'd almost recommend switch Rimmer and Lister's faces, but Rimmer doesn't scowl all the much either.

CaptainD

Quote from: Blobby 101 on Sun 27/06/2010 19:02:45
OK, thanks - I'm adding more responses and things at the moment, trying to make sure there aren't any actions you can do that just return silence any more - hopefully I'll be able to add some helpful comments in with these ;)

Looks good so far, apart from the dreaded "i" instead of "I" as a personal pronoun, the writing's pretty impressive - authentic but not simply copying from the show's dialogue.   ;D

Dualnames

Apart from some quirks in terms of programming, I'm still excited on this. The humor is in the right direction IMHO. I found some bugs if you're interested.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Blobby 101

Yeah, cheers ;)
What bugs did you find/ what did you mean by programming quirks? xD

DOWNLOAD

Dualnames

Quote from: Blobby 101 on Mon 28/06/2010 11:04:39
Yeah, cheers ;)
What bugs did you find/ what did you mean by programming quirks? xD

The lack of responses for starters. Also when I saved, i couldn't bring the pop-up GUI. Thank god TAB was left, and I could still play the game, when I used the first item from the two i got from the AR goggle (not the IO Module), on the Vidscreen, I went and I could still pick up the items.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Blobby 101

QuoteThe lack of responses for starters.
Yeah, I'm working on making it so that every action will give at least some kind of response.

QuoteAlso when I saved, i couldn't bring the pop-up GUI
I'd noticed this. Turns out that when I customised the save feature, I'd forgotten to make the Iconbar visible again xD so that's now fixed.

Quotewhen I used the first item from the two i got from the AR goggle (not the IO Module), on the Vidscreen, I went and I could still pick up the items.
Ah, yeah - thanks. I hadn't thought about that. It's because I was using the Vis Chip in the players inventory to check if the items had been taken. You see I'm learning AGS scripting as I go along with this project so at the time of making that section of the puzzle, I didn't know how to use variables. I'll fix that now ;)

Also I've been thinking about the scope of this project. I have lots of ideas that I'd like to put into this game but I'm not sure how well I can make them all fit into the same storyline so I had an idea.
How would anyone feel about this being a reasonably short game (not stupidly short, just not a full length game) and instead did a Telltale Games thing where I make it like a Series of Short episodes? It'd be like a new season of Red Dwarf just in 2D, being a game and not being on your telly... :D

DOWNLOAD

Dualnames

:D Good to know, you're already on those. Apart from that, I got the Red Dwarf feeling, and that's great. Plus you got CaptainD fairly excited. ;)

CaptainD

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 28/06/2010 17:10:31
:D Good to know, you're already on those. Apart from that, I got the Red Dwarf feeling, and that's great. Plus you got CaptainD fairly excited. ;)

:o :o

H2G2 filled my comedy sci-fi adventure game yearnings for a while, but now that I've finished that...  ;D

CaptainD

Short but sweet.  The puzzle was logical enough, though the inventory handling seemed odd (I'll elaborate in a PM if I can work out how to describe it!  ::))

Looks good.  With the missing bits filled in and a good Dwarf plot, this will definitely be a game well worth playing.

Blobby 101

Still working on this bit by bit, In case anyone's interested I've decided to make this an episodic game instead of a single long game - It'll be like a new series of Red Dwarf :P
Not really much else to show, I've been working on making the initial puzzle a bit harder and sorting out various small bugs. Hopefully shouldn't be long before there's a finished game for you all to play ;)

DOWNLOAD

CaptainD

Quote from: Blobby 101 on Mon 02/08/2010 09:17:48
Still working on this bit by bit, In case anyone's interested I've decided to make this an episodic game instead of a single long game - It'll be like a new series of Red Dwarf :P
- Good decision!  ;D
Quote from: Blobby 101 on Mon 02/08/2010 09:17:48
Not really much else to show, I've been working on making the initial puzzle a bit harder and sorting out various small bugs. Hopefully shouldn't be long before there's a finished game for you all to play ;)
- Great news!  8)

CosmoQueen

OMG a Red Dwarf game! I'm really excited to play this. I really love this show :)
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Blobby 101

Wow - I can't believe it's been nearly two months since I was last on here. Took a bit of a break away from these forums for a while but now I'm back so it's time for some dwarfiness :D

There's not much visually to show most of the improvements have been fixing bugs and adding more responses to items) But I have come across a major problem which I don't understand. I've made a thread about it
here.

cheers, Rhys

DOWNLOAD

CaptainD

Glad to hear that this project is still going!  ;D

Better programmers than I (which means just about anyone...) will be able to help you with your coding problem, no doubt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk