Changing default diagonal walk animations

Started by jamesreg, Sun 04/04/2010 22:30:29

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesreg

I see ags has the ability to have diagonal walk animations.
from what I see you assign them to a specific frame under the characters view
and click the box that says use diagonal animations

My question is this say you had not planned to use them and filled those locations with other sprites and it would be way to much trouble to
go though whole game and change them.

Can diagonal sprites be added to other frame set other then the default and scripted to look there for them instead?
What would be involved and would it be easy enough at last min in a game to code in and do?

tzachs

If I understand you correctly, your situation is that for view x, you have frames 1-4 for walking but 5 and above are occupied by some other animations and you don't want them changed, because there are hard coded references to them and it will be cumbersome to change.

But maybe you can create a new view for the walking and ignore frames 1-4 from the old view, that shouldn't be as cumbersome assuming you don't have too many characters...

If not, the only way I can think of to do this by code is to intercept the clicks before firing the walk command (in the on mouse click function) and locking the view yourself and animating the required loop based on the clicked coordinates and how they relate to the character's coordinates, this will be tricky though, I think...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk