Living the Dream!

Started by LRH, Wed 07/04/2010 14:04:09

Previous topic - Next topic

LRH

I'm sure there's a topic like this somewhere, but the search has brought up nothing so far.

Anyways, this is incredibly nerdy, but give this a shot sometime:
Act like you're in an adventure game!

-Pick up random objects in your house then narrate something about how you thought you might need it later.
-Start conversations with people, then abruptly stop, and try to start again from the beginning.
-Lock yourself out of the bathroom or something just to figure out a fun way to get it back open.

I'm sure you can come up with more...

Gilbert

Just search for "adventure real life" or something. This is a similar thread.

But instead of necro-bumping a 6-month-old thread starting a new one isn't a bad idea either.

tzachs

Oh, how I wish I had remembered to save when I was 18  :-[

Igor Hardy

Quote from: tzachs on Wed 07/04/2010 15:38:20
Oh, how I wish I had remembered to save when I was 18  :-[

I can send you a copy of the save files I've created then - maybe they will be compatible.

Gilbert

You need to need DOSBOX or Virtualisation. :=

RickJ

-Pick up random objects in your house then narrate something about how you thought you might need it later.
-Start conversations with people, then abruptly stop, and try to start again from the beginning.
-Lock yourself out of the bathroom or something just to figure out a fun way to get it back open.
Hehehe .... sounds like married life to me ;D

Mr Flibble

I tend to do the item thing anyway, though I think I'll try constantly restarting conversations until I get the right response.  :=
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

(deleted)

(deleted)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I used a pair of clippers on my toenails just yesterday.  Clearly an endeavor worthy of adventuredom.

Charity

Guys I forgot to pick up the stamp and now I can't get back to the post office.  How do I send the letter?  Can I still finish?

Buckethead

Stupot

Quote from: Lyaer on Fri 09/04/2010 07:48:55
Guys I forgot to pick up the stamp and now I can't get back to the post office.  How do I send the letter?  Can I still finish?

Spoiler

Try looking for some kind of electronic mail sending program in the computing machine on the desk.  You may need to USE the cable on the telephone line first.
[close]

miguel

I could not help to come here and give my opinion. Even if what I'm about to say is something you don't already know.

The whole thing about the Adventure Game genre dying is related to the fact that computer graphics like MI made an impact 20 years ago because it was a revolution on the genre.
Text Adventures suddenly became visual interactive, and what a good job they did with all those classic games we love.
Well, the thing is, even if we do it as good as they did, it will never feel new. Ok, tell me that it's not intended, but, everybody gets tired of the same thing and it's only normal to do so.

All this meaning that, we don't have the same enthusiasm when playing an adventure game if it's done like the old classic way. That's why they're called classics. We don't find it amusing to open a door using the verb open.
So, if we all, in our lives do things like picking up a stamp and take the letter to the post office and find it boring, why would we find it cool in a game? That's the past. It was cool at some point. Not anymore.

Adventure Games should be about common people role-playing some cool character on dangerous and exciting places. Picking extraordinary items, using fabulous contraptions!   
Working on a RON game!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk