Yay! Got the demo this time! It's pretty amazing and inspiring, all the love you're putting into this. It's like every pixel was carefully put into its right place.
Here's what I like:
- Intro sequence, though I'd prefer Darius' more concise dialog, I think.
- The grain, which makes the whole scene come alive. Grain is awesome and you've pulled it off nicely.
- Background dithering - how did you do this? Is it a Photoshop export setting? You didn't handpaint all those, did you?
- The atmosphere - I want to start playing right now!!! Not many games do this for me.
- Animations, toned down and realistic.
- Running with double-click!
- Cursor animation
- Dialog typewriter effect - don't know what to call this. The way the dialogs are revealed. It's really neat.
- Title screen and menus
- Save game menu, which doesn't bother me with having to put in a name for the save game and also has all the important information.
So much to like. Obviously, you've put much thought into all the little things.
Here's what I don't like:
- Exit in hallway isn't clear. Didn't know there was a door there until I accidentally clicked on it.
- I guess the blurry Arial font in the intro is just a placeholder.
- May I suggest double-clicking on a door teleports to that room?
- Low-res, but I understand it's supposed to be a Clocktower tribute, so I guess that's why.
I want to ask how you do the backgrounds in general. Some of it looks like it could have been 3D rendered, like the street scene.
This game looks absolutely amazing and as I said, I'd love to play it right now. (I think I'd actually pay for this.)
I guess I'll just play the demo some more.
KEEP IT UP!