MAGS May: Complete Your Game(Winner Announced)

Started by Dualnames, Sat 01/05/2010 02:38:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared

Now... Secret Agent on Roller Skates may finally be released....

vertigoaddict

It's funny 'cause like a month ago I was looking through my old stuff and found the script for "Project Hecka: Faith" and hated it. I was planning on re-doing the whole thing but now I'm thinking I might as well use what I've got and try to revolve things on what I have completed.

Did it have to be exam month T_T????

Well, it's worth a shot. If I do decide to release it as a MAGS game, I can always make a "deluxe version" afterwards with the skills I've developed in 5 years. (5 years O_O really?)

Charity

Quote from: ProgZmax on Sun 02/05/2010 13:59:01If and when I consider making this a semi-regular activity, it will be more specific about what constitutes a valid project.

I've got a fair number of projects floating around in my head and a few that have enough work done on them to be considered properly abandoned.  I may try my hand at one of them this month, but realistically, I probably won't have time.  If you do decide to make a regular event out of this theme, I would definitely be interested.

KrisMacDee

I have a few old projects kicking around my hard drive... but i will have to wait til 20th of may to start properly, uni exams ::) what can you do?
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? You're a mile away and you've stolen his shoes! - Billy Connelly

GarageGothic

May actually enter this time. I started up two different projects for last month's MAGS but abandoned both (one due to technical issues the other idea I only came up with three days before deadline and didn't have time to get past the prototype stage).

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Great!  And if I do come up with some kind of irregular activity like this it would be kind of like a 'workshop' where people are encouraged to post wip builds and get help with puzzles, artwork, whatever they need to get it done.  I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of the backlog of promising unfinished projects taking up hard drive space :).

(deleted)

I'm in. Already 3/4 finished. That's last quarter, though....

Radiant

I'll probably have something before the end of the month.

xenogia

Maybe I should complete The Illusion of Murder or The Jonestown Conspiracy.. hmm..

Danman

Sadly I wont be entering this month due to I dont feel very artistic and cant find anyone to assist. Maybe next month  :P .

Radiant

Here's my submission for Complete Your Game:

Vector Vendetta, a frantic shoot-em-up that proves that AGS is quite capable of handling arcade games. Also, the first and quite possibly only AGS game using a grand total of zero sprites: all graphics are rawdrawn vectors.

I'm sure several forumites have seen this game before; however, I was never really satisfied with the first version, and didn't consider it finished yet. Until now, that is. The final version has twenty enemies including a boss monster, three difficulty levels, three gameplay modes, two-player support, and demo recording.

Gameplay is simple: use mouse, keyboard or a combination of both to obliterate the enemy vectors before they do the same to you. Dodge bullets, kamikaze ships, and laser beams, collect sparks to upgrade your ship, and prepare yourself for the boss battle at the end. Comes with retro graphics and a retro soundtrack. Enjoy!

DrWhite

Now that I was just on the way of curing my addiction to your first version ... man, I´m so glad you continued working on this.

frogking

Very nice, like the retro feel. The standard keyboard control is
next to unplayable for me but rotational keyboard is fine. Although it
would seem more logical if the left and right arrow keys would then
slide the ship to it's local left and right while rotation could still be
done with z/x.

I also like the in-game help. To make it perfect it could include
the powerups as well, I found the system a bit confusing even
after reading the readme.txt

BTW, if you like this kind of game you might wish to check out
xpilot at http://www.xpilot.org/

cat

Here is my entry for this competition. I started it in March for the "A game of two halves" competition but did not finish.
Music is still missing, but it's well worth playing, I think.

http://www.fileupyours.com/view/285513/HeadOverHeels.zip

Edit: Leon made a walkthrough that can be found here.

Leon

Nice one, Cat. Very nice graphics.
The only thing I found 'disappointing' (strong word here) is the animation of the lever and the up/down walkcycle. The font size of the interface could be a bit smaller. But nice puzzles, not too hard and goes well with the little story.

Well done!
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Grim

The shittiest of the shitty games.... but one I will always love nevertheless:)

More info in the completed games thread soon.

Here is my entry:

Snake

I just have to say, Proggy, awesome MAGS. Really. This is the best idea I've seen yet. Looking forward to playing everyones unfinished gems.

I wish I noticed this when it started :'(
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Igor Hardy

Dualnames

Great entries so far! Congratulations to cat, Radiant and Grim!!

To those of you, that are still working on an entry, from this time stamp of this current post, you have 26 hours to finish your entry.
If one wants an extension I should be informed. Either PM or here.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk