MAGS May: Complete Your Game(Winner Announced)

Started by Dualnames, Sat 01/05/2010 02:38:15

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Thank you Leon for your kind comments! I know that there are some animations missing, it was simply a matter of time. Before I release the game into the "wilderness" of the games db, I will surely add the missing animations. And hopefully I will find a composer for some music.

Oh, and thanks for the walkthrough, btw  :D

King_wiking

Fun MAGS rules this month.

I finished an old christmas present I gave to my girlfriend last christmas, that I totally stressed out before it was done. But she was happy about it, and she damned well should be considering how much time I've put into it.

So now it's completely finished, and uploaded. Enjoy the only christmas game published in the summer.
It's kind of long, depending on how much you complete and which ending you get.

Aidas Strange Christmas

Dualnames

King wiking and Domithan, your games are also up! Less than 5 hours people! :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

markbilly

I'm entering this one! Only found out about it Saturday but managed to finish a short (very) game off. :)

Will edit this post.

EDIT:

Here ya go. A bit short but I hope people enjoy. It's very easy. I started marking this for my girlfriend over a year ago.

Wall-E: The Fan Game!

EDIT: The download for this has been re-uploaded due to an annoying bug that by-passed a lot of the game and made it shorter. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dualnames

Okay, so it ends here! Not yet though partecipants. The voting round commences!

Voting:

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice!
Good luck to all participants!

For voting please visit the MAGS site

PLAY THE GAMES! (The hyperlinks lead to the game file, not the voting page)
Wall-E: The Fan Game by markbilly
Vector Vendetta by Radiant
The Parrot Snatchers by Grim
Living Nightmare: Endless Dreams by Domithan
Head Over Heels by cat
Aidas Strange Christmas by King_wiking

Voting ends on 16th of June (till the 15th you can vote!)

So play all the games and vote for the one that caught your attention.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Dualnames

LRH

cat

Just voted (not for me of course), so just to remind you all, only 2 days left!

abstauber

Argh, thanks for the reminder... just need to finish a few before I can vote.

Dualnames

Due to my exams, I may not be able to close this tomorrow. Sorry sometimes life just comes in. So either today at some point or just leave it hanging for a couple of days more. :(

Dualnames

Winner

Yes, its markbilly with a two day polish on Wall-E, but that shouldn't discourage you rest. Great and bizarre(looking at you Grim) entries this month, and the quality was astounding. Without wanting to overdo this famous phrase, this month there's really no loser.

Also thanks to ProgZ for this great theme. Surprisingly my internet is still up.

Mark, check your pms.

Igor Hardy

Congrats Mark - A very charming game!

As for me, I voted for The Parrot Snatchers. Extremely British (or maybe more like Southpark style?) sense of humor ;) , but a very interesting experience nonetheless.  Decent playing length and the puzzles made sense. Good music too and lots of it, but as it was ripped I'm not sure I should praise it too much.

markbilly

How close was it in the end, Dual?

I lot of praise was heaped on all the entries this month and I really didn't think I'd win, to be honest.

Dualnames

4-5 votes, the rest of the entries were behind Wall-E with a difference of 1 vote between them all. So pretty much tied, if you weren't there. :D

cat

Nice entries, everyone, and congrats to the winner!

Just a few comments:

Wall-E: The Fan Game by markbilly
Such a cute game, I totally loved the animation of getting the box from your back and moving the waste cubes. I also did like the tutorial mode. However, hotspots where hard to hit and sometimes I wasn't sure what to do.

Vector Vendetta by Radiant
Interesting game, well executed coding and graphics wise, but I guess I'm not patient enough for this kind of game.

The Parrot Snatchers by Grim
Overall good puzzles, very good choice of (ripped) music, I totally like the end. Some sceens where clearly the product of a teenage boy and I hated that I had to use the "use" cursor to exit a room, especially in the scrolling rooms.

Living Nightmare: Endless Dreams by Domithan
I decided to play the first part before this one which was a good decision. Totally atmospheric game, the second part is event better than the first, I like that the second one references the first one. So I didn't vote for this game, because its part of series and wouldn't work as stand-alone.

Head Over Heels by cat
I'm still looking for a composer  ;)

Aidas Strange Christmas by King_wiking
Great game with great puzzles, my favorite.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk