Forum issues in Opera 10.x heads up.

Started by -------, Fri 07/05/2010 04:21:32

Previous topic - Next topic

-------

I thought I should drop a line of feedback somewhere on issues in the forum that does not pertain to AGS but to the forum site itself.

Not sure where this would belong as there is no thread for this but I think it might be useful to your web developers to know.

I use Opera 10.51 web browser on XP Pro.

a) When I reply to a topic and click submit I get redirected to the forum main area listing the topics and not the thread or post made as in most other forums I mod or admin myself.

b) When you click a download link a new browser window pops up with a white page, then loading the correct attached file. This indicates an error in the creation of download-able material in the underlying PHP script which does not properly define the file content header on creation of the file to download.

This is caused normally by the script not generating proper headers or reading in dead characters into a fopen stream.

(the first applies to when loading dl material from DB the second case when using fopen to pull protected material from a hidden sub dir.)

Thought it might help a bit.

Gilbert

I'm using Opera 10.51 for a while now and do not experience these problems.

Maybe it's some of the settings?

Khris

I can confirm both of these, a) is just a forum setting I assume.
b) is probably related to whether the link to file is a direct link to the actual file or to a redirection.

I'm using Firefox though, so I don't think it's browser-related.
I'm also not quite sure why somebody would open a thread about this, to be honest... :)

-------

Quote from: Khris on Fri 07/05/2010 09:40:04
I'm also not quite sure why somebody would open a thread about this, to be honest... :)

Because it may help BigBlueCup to keep a nice and pretty comfortable web site going.
But I can always go back to lurking.

Have a nice day

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk