Hard Space

Started by tzachs, Sat 08/05/2010 16:29:58

Previous topic - Next topic

tzachs

So, did anyone manage to get past the transputter puzzle?
I tried to follow ProgZMax's instructions from the MAGS post, but I still don't get it...

In the image he posted (http://485.photobucket.com/albums/rr218/ProgZmax/x-circuit.gif), there should be the valid settings to only connect x.
However that gives the number 7 on the axis, but my default number for x is 8, which makes this incorrect if I understand correctly, no?

Also, if I take the same posted image and just switch the right-most bottom tile with the one of top of that, x is still connected to all the stuff it was connected to in the first image, and y and z are sill disconnected, but it gives a totally different value...

Help, please?

Leon

If you recreate the image ProgZ has posted, you should get the value of 7. If you don't use the circuit at all, but only the blue and the yellow, the value of the X-axis changes anyway. So the 'default' you're talking about is irrelevant.

I haven't worked out the Y- and Z-axis yet although I understand what to do. As soon as I have, I'll report again.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Khris

I fiddled around with this for one hour, trying to get the Y circuit. It's immensely frustrating because I have absolutely no idea what's required for a circuit nor where it is supposed to "connect" to the borders of the 3x3 field.
After looking at the X solution, I figured that the grey boxes are probably powering stuff, but what actually consitutes a connection regarding the often just 1-pixel wide elements seems to be completely beyond me.

Looking at the original configuration, the Z circuit isn't connected at all to the X&Y one. When I tried moving all Z circuit elements up one space, thinking this might be the correct Z only circuit, of course I didn't get the correct Z value.

Several times I thought I had successfully managed to build the Y only circuit, and every time, bam, random Y value, not 5.

I want to continue playing this really cool game, but I'm seriously considering not touching it ever again right now... :)

Leon

I know exactly how you feel....

Cogliostro

One more person stuck at the first puzzle! ???

No matter how I manipulate the circuit board I can't get any of the axises to move/change.

Has anyone been able to get by this?

- Cogliostro

"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Khris

Push the blue button to change the axis. However, pushing it after setting it to Z will reset the puzzle. When you've selected an axis, move the circuit board pieces and if you think you have isolated and powered a the corresponding circuit, push the yellow button (Run Diagnosis). If you managed to get the circuit right, the slider should jump to the value indicated by the note. Otherwise it'll jump to a random but different value.

Regnum Eternum

What doesn't help is that there is no visual indication (that I could see) that moving the circuits around has been any help whatsoever. Neither the "power level" in the lettered column nor the number next to the letter change when you manipulate the circuits, so you don't know if you are right or wrong until you hit the diagnostic button, and if you got it wrong you have to start the whole thing over for all three columns.

Edit: Oh wait, I see that you can run diagnostic multiple times before you switch columns. Unless you're in the z column it seems.

Leon

But running diagnostics changes the value anyway, just giving you a random number, except the right one of course. It's of no help at all.

Cogliostro

There are 9 spots on the grid, this means there are only 362,880 different combinations for each axis.   Which means if something in the grid doesn't give you a clue, then you have to try more than a million combinations to get the TRANSPUTTER to work?!?!?   :o

I kept looking for a set of red circuits to connect for one axis and then if that worked I'd try the yellow.  But I never got anywhere with that.

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Igor Hardy

I'm still stuck with the Transputter also. But damn, do the screens from the other locations look good - must keep trying!

Leon

I finally did it!!!

Thanks to some brute force persistence, all circuits can be found here for the time being. But I really have serious doubts with the Y-Axis. I would have never come up with this and I think that's why a lot of people have problems with the Transputter. Anyway, copy the circuits to your own game and continue your quest.

Happy adventuring.

Igor Hardy

Thanks, Leon, you're a savior!

tzachs

You're the man, Leon!  :D

Corto

Hi, I registered specially to post here, shows how much I'm interested in playing this game.

I still can't beat the transputter puzzle. Recreated the images exactly for every axis, hit diagnostics, got the 7-4-5 settings, but when I try to commit changes, I get the dialog about two axes not receiving power. Help???

Leon

Which mode are you playing? I noticed this when playing medium mode. In easy mode it shouldn't be a problem. The settings are 7. 5. 6. by the way.

Corto

Ok, thanks Leon. My savegame is on medium. I didn't consider starting with another difficulty mode. Will check if that helps.

EDIT: Starting on easy worked. Thanks Leon!

SinSin

I followed the diagrams to every detail and even ended up with 7 5 6 but to no avail...
Im playing the hard setting and I am getting nowhere... :(
Currently working on a project!

Leon

What is the message that you get after applying the last axis?

Tina

ok by a miracle, i managed to get the axis thing right, and have transported somewhere, but I dont know how to mend the bridge to the village help me please thanks

Leon

Examine the statue. You might really need some help:
Spoiler
Order Spunk on the manly statue and he’ll discover the base isn’t solid.
[close]
Then you can:
Spoiler
Use your Sputta Stunner on the statue and everyone will join.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk