The Journey of Iesir

Started by Daniel Thomas, Sun 18/07/2010 07:18:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjiman33

It's Really, really, really, REALLY SPLENNDIIDD !!!
I love your backgrounds, they are detailed, precised... and beautiful.
However I don't really like the main character... he's well-done but I don't like the style of his face :)

Daniel Thomas

Thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean with the style, but no worries! He's getting a redesign by Dorcan, our animator, and I can say that he's looking much better IMO. :)
Hopefully I can show him soon.
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Daniel Thomas

After the tweak and clean-stick and adjusting to new characters the backgrounds is getting a more finished look. And as promised I would show something, so here it is.
So yea, there we go. :)

The new Mikael(main character) is still getting a beating, so no updates on him yet.

GreenBoy

That looks hot.  Love the faces on the hilt by the way.

cianty

Incredibly beautiful! :o
ca. 70% completed

Dualnames

"Once a Viking, always a Viking"  ::) :D

I really like where this is going. Carry on the great work!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

CosmoQueen

WOOOOOOW!!! That's just so incredible! :o
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Sughly

Far out, that is just incredible. This artwork is really starting to produce promise of one of the best looking games I will have the pleasure of playing. Look forward to any incoming news for this project...

Sslaxx

Definitely a thing of beauty, this game. I hope it plays as well as it looks!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Daniel Thomas

Thank you, guys!

So far I don't have any breaking news, we are working and everything is going forward. Dave is writing hilarious dialogues, Ryan is coding some tech and adding content, Nikolas has started on the music, Dorcan has been working on character design of our main character And I'm tweaking all the backgrounds up to standard.

I'm hoping to show the new character when it's done though! :)

Iliya

This one is great!!! Professional work!

1mal_volltanken

Great screenshots! Wow!

I'm looking forward to the day, the game is completed! ;)

Greetings
the upfiller

Ryan Timothy B

Just to let you's all know, we're all still trucking away at this. We had a mild speed bump or two.. CaptainD having a child, me moving into a new house, Zyndikate losing his newest package of whips in the mail (we were all grateful for that!).

I'm actually working on an animation layering system at the moment. Where we can have a separate layer for the head and body to allow for interesting and unique expressions that the character may do while talking. Like putting his hands on his hips while his face is either angry or surprised. Or even just his head occasionally blinking while he stands around.

I'm excited about it. It'll definitely add some life to the animations without Zyndikate having to animate more than he needs to.

I better stop talking now.. I don't want to get in trouble for revealing too much.  ;)

Igor Hardy

Good to hear you're not giving up (not that I was suspecting you are).

Your speed bumps sound like entirely happy ones, so I believe you should now go back to making the game with doubled energy!  :=

tzachs

This looks to me like one of the more promising & ambitious projects around, good luck and I'm eagerly expecting the results.

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Thu 20/01/2011 06:03:21
I'm actually working on an animation layering system at the moment. Where we can have a separate layer for the head and body to allow for interesting and unique expressions that the character may do while talking. Like putting his hands on his hips while his face is either angry or surprised. Or even just his head occasionally blinking while he stands around.
Huh, I exactly began working some time ago on a module that does the exact same thing (for use with my AGS Footballer, so that I would be able to compose characters using different heads, skin color, uniforms etc allowing me for endless amount of characters), I will probably go back to working on it again once I relieve myself of some other projects I'm doing, unless you will release your system, which would save me the trouble.  ;)

CaptainD having a child
Congratulations, CaptainD! Might I suggest naming the child CaptainE?

Dualnames

The kid was given the full name of its father tzachs! CaptainDualnames Junior  :D

On a more serious note, the game of course looks awesome, I'd like to see a playable something of it, or a video. That'd be great.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Daniel Thomas

QuoteYour speed bumps sound like entirely happy ones, so I believe you should now go back to making the game with doubled energy!
Not for me, I lost my whips! And before anyone gets any funny pictures, they're _mostly_ for motivating everyone to work. :)

There is a lot of new stuff done, it's just a mater of getting it in the game and working, hopefully we'll have an update soon for anyone interested. But I think I speak for the whole team when I say we're excited about this project and we all have every ambition to see it all the way.

It's always encouraging to see people interested!

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: tzachs on Thu 20/01/2011 13:20:56
Huh, I exactly began working some time ago on a module that does the exact same thing [..] I will probably go back to working on it again once I relieve myself of some other projects I'm doing, unless you will release your system, which would save me the trouble.  ;)
Right on. (I keep meaning to play that game :P) The biggest issue is that we're using alpha channels for pretty much every sprite, so the thing that makes it more difficult is that we'll have to use a character for the head and body. We could use Calin's alpha blending plugin, but I'm worried about using it for a project like this.

Now if AGS advances before this project is released to have alpha blending, I'll definitely go that route.

Quote from: zyndikate on Thu 20/01/2011 17:40:18
Not for me, I lost my whips! And before anyone gets any funny pictures, they're _mostly_ for motivating everyone to work. :)
Sure... ::) lol

barefoot

WOW great graphics zyndikate...

I could eat my socks... :-\

I'de give my toes to be able to draw/colour like that!!!

Looks a good game...

barefoot

I May Not Be Perfect but I Have A Big Heart ..

Unai

I need a drool emoticon...
I am a deeply superficial person

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk